We've Got To Get This Fixed

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Georgia needs to change their mascot to the termite…

Even here IN Georgia, closet fans are crawling out of the woodwork. Folks that have never said one word about football where I work are decked out in UGA gear today…

2. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

The greater Memphis area will be crawling with them now! This town is the greatest bandwagon town there ever was…

TangoUniform likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no doubt I will start seeing cars with peeled off gator stickers and UGA stickers in their place.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I really hope Kirby effs it up. It seems fairly likely that he will, they were honestly lucky to win it this year. Easy path and injury riddled Alabama team. It’ll kill me if he wins 4 or 5 Nattys and subjects us to another Saban type era.

5. NorrisAlan

Thing is that UGA, for all its woes and garbage fans, is sitting in the middle of a hot bed of talent. If that thing gets rolling, it could be ugly.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nailed it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The transfer and NIL stuff adds destabilizing factors to dynasty making. Or at least, I think it may.

Memtownvol, TangoUniform and VolDad like this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk. It might be a pipeline

9. Savage Orange

This is more what I’m thinking. Kids want to go to a proven winner rather than build anything else up. I get it, I suppose but it’s just going to be hard to get used to Georgia -bama NC games from now on… we may get A&M or Ohio State from time to time but as long as kids take the path of least resistance to get their bling, that’s just how it’s going to be.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kirby acted more like Saban last night than Saban did. The Saban of old would be talking about how he “doesn’t want to waste a failure” like he did after losing the two natties to Clemson. Instead he was waxing poetic about how proud he was to be there. He looks like someone who may finally be reaching the age where he loses his edge. Father Time always wins in the end…

Meanwhile, Kirby was telling his team before the game, “we’re burning the boats, and the only way back is to go through them.” He was the coach in this game who wouldn’t accept anything less than a win as a success, and his team was the one who played like it.

11. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Would love for Saban to be losing his edge but I truly believe he knew this was his least talented team, or one of them, since he's been at bama. And as weird as it is to say, he seemed happy to just be there. Including beating aubbie, the SEC champ, and Cincinnati.

Meanwhile if Kirby didn't win this one, idk that he ever would.

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some of you all act like what Saban did at Bama was normal or precedented. The top of the mountain is pointy. Ask Clemson. Saban is a mountain goat. It remains to be seen what Kirby is.

OneForVol and Memtownvol like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Daily reminder that Kirby Smart lost a game to Butch Jones.

14. Savage Orange

Kirby is a cheater. He probably has Velcro shoes or something to hold on with. I fully expect that if Georgia becomes a fixture at the top, somebody’s going to uncover some dirt.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Saban lost a game to whoever was coaching Louisiana-Monroe. Didn’t stop him from building a monster

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What even constitutes cheating, these days?

Joseph Brant and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

Exactly. Other than drugs and hookers, not much.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

he hasn't yet

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah the first quarter is kind of our thing

10SEvols and Daddy Gee like this.
  20. Savage Orange

Whatever Kirby’s doing… whatever that is, it’s cheating…

I can’t prove it, but like Inspector Clouseau, I can feel it in my beauns….