NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They employ Fooley, Pruitt, and Sherrer. Are you saying they don't make good hires?

zehr27 likes this.
  2. InVolNerable

Yeah, I side with Flores too. He won the 7 straight in spite of having to start Tua/Brissett. His defense gave up 10 or fewer points in 5/7 of those games. 17 and 24 in the other two games. 11.8 pts/game over that stretch.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Dolphins want and will probably make a move for Deshaun Watson.

4. InVolNerable

Watson said he wanted to play for Miami cause of Flores, so up in the air now whether he'd waive his NTC for them.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I keep forgetting those first two are there.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They've got 2 top 10 draft picks in the draft though

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Imagine Pruitt in New York City

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I agree for the most part, but had he been retained, he would be hiring his fourth offensive coordinator in as many years. Sooner or later, that falls on the guy doing the hiring.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This draft kind of sucks though

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lots of time between now and April, but I can't recall a year like this upcoming draft where it isn't obvious who the elite offensive playmakers are the top of the board. Tough year to have a top pick to try and trade back and accumulate more picks with like the Titans successfully did 6 years ago when they turned their #1 pick into four or five other picks.

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m just going to miss Gettleman being a complete wildcard for the rest of my life probably

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

One of which was Derrick Henry, which is good because the first rounders (Conklin over Tunsil and Corey Davis over Jamal Adams) weren’t the best.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea Robinson's picks have either been incredible or epic fails. Not much in between.

16. NashVol11

Yeah I’m still a fan of his overall. Taking over a 2-14 team and helping it to 6 straight winning seasons without an elite QB is pretty impressive.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’ll always appreciate JR for immediately digging the Titans out of the crater they were stuck in for nearly a decade. Him inheriting legitimately the worst roster in the NFL and instantly transforming the roster into a winning record was an incredible feat. We’ve had a winning record every single year since he took over. Just wish he would stop spending so many high picks on guys that literally quit football before the ink drys on their rookie contracts

tvolsfan and NashVol11 like this.
  18. NashVol11

Yeah Wilson and Kevin Dodd gave us absolutely nothing. Austin Johnson in Round 2 as a nose tackle was weird too

ole_orange and tvolsfan like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No one knew Wilson would be a basket case, though. That seemed like a very good pick at the time.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Seriously, what's it going to take to make knoxville Bengals TV land? This team is going to be so much dang fun to watch over the next decade.

justingroves likes this.