Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had fun, you could get out early and raise hell like a teenager again but then I was missing out on playing in it with my kids.

CardinalVol and OneForVol like this.
  2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

No doubt. I had fun in it when I was in my twenties then I hit my mid thirties and I started to dread it, especially after the near accident. And like you said missing out on playing in it with my son sucked.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I worked through the 9 or so inches we got last week and honestly I feel like I sold part of my soul by not going out and enjoying it some.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

MLK Jr is giving me a do-over though.

OneForVol likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’re just in a terrible place for predicting it seems like

OneForVol likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Honesty -

IP likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

OneForVol and IP like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Knee has been my barometer and it doesn't hurt as I'm not feeling 3-5 inches

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Small tsunami effects on the west coast this morning from that eruption. Looked like a few feet above high tide, more nuisance than anything.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

My hip aches with big pressure changes where I have some pins. But for me, usually it only states the obvious when the front is passing over.

12. Ssmiff

Whenever last storm was week or so ago I couldn't bend my leg hardly and it dumped. Then it's like a release and better. Maybe luck but happened on occasion. Knee feels like a million bucks today. I'm not feeling the same thing

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Twss

OneForVol likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Looks like the Tongan volcano has hit some west coast locales and particularly got South America with 4 foot or so waves, killing a few.

This was the sound 400+ miles away in Fiji.

I worry about news from some of the more isolated atolls of the Pacific. When I lived on one, it was very apparent a decent sized tsunami would do some real damage. The highest point in the country is six feet and the atolls are, at best, a mile wide. I wonder what's going on in places like Tuvalu, Kiribati, and elsewhere.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No snow at all so far in Wilson County, as far as I can tell

16. OneForVol

That’s crazy. Started snowing heavy here in Nolensville around 4 am. At about 6-7 we had a few inches then it started raining which melted some snow and compacted it. Since about 9 it’s been all snow and we have about 3-4 inches now.

We had some heavy precipitation stay over us early this morning. If it hadn’t rained we would have had every bit if 10 inches plus.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We’ve probably got about an inch now. Think it finally started around noon

OneForVol likes this.
  18. OneForVol

We are close to 4” here. It’s been snowing all day, but we’ve only gained an inch since noon.

19. Ssmiff

I've got 2 inches on my deck. Don't live far from one4vol

OneForVol likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We got a light dusting here south of Atlanta but it disappeared quickly. Was fun to watch it snow for a while, it happens so rarely here nowadays.