21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Would like to ratchet up the pressure and tempo

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would certainly be nice to get more points in transition on those nights we are struggling to hit shots.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wall, Bibby, Conley Jr., Suggs, Rose come to mind.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

All were on better teams than Chandler though

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

For sure, on paper though our team has comparable talent. But then you look at what you’re getting out of some of the most talented guys on the roster in JJJ/Powell/BHH….

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't feel it's a Final Four or bust, but we have plenty of talent to warrant second weekend expectations.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We gotta get there first. Haven't looked ahead at schedule but assume we need to win 19 so 8 more somewhere.
    Yes it shouldn't be an issue and failing to make it a horrible failure but one step at a time. Looking good with 4 losses all on road to top 25.

IP likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At a quick glance I See 10-5 for the remainder of the schedule going into tournament. 21-9 gets you a top 4 seed IMO.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Win Saturday and I will give this team grace for at least a month.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One of Barnes' redeeming qualities is that he's kicked Calipari's ass quite a bit

A-Smith likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Liar.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and A-Smith like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, it does feel like we've been a bit spoiled the past however many years when it comes to playing UK. It feels like we've won a lot more than we've actually won against them, but I think that's because they were very highly ranked for a few of those wins.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, while looking at our schedule, I looked back at our losses so far:
    • Blowout loss to Villanova with a piss poor shooting effort... but we bounced back the next day with a solid win against a solid team who was ranked.
    • OT loss to a Texas Tech team that has since beaten #1 Baylor and #6 Kansas and is ranked 19th in the country
    • 5 point close loss to top 25 rival Alabama without our two best players.
    • Sorta blowout, sorta not loss to a now #12 LSU team.
    There's really not a bad loss in the group. It just makes me laugh about how everyone was losing their shit during the LSU game.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It just makes me laugh how you apply a word like "everyone," but are quick to comment if anyone uses a word like "wildly."

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s just a couple of people for whom shit-losing is now a site meme, no offense to them

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think we will be fine if we keep getting good athletes. You know, ones that can't run fast and are weak and not agile, but world class athletes

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's not like Kentucky has been stacking trophies despite fielding an NBA roster every year since Calipari arrived. 2012 is getting further and further away. I have a feeling we show up and take care of business tomorrow per usual under Barnes when we play Kentucky.

10SEvols likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is somewhat fair.

I’d push back a bit and say that “everyone” is a noun that’s frequently used in hyperbolic fashion and not meant to be taken literally, while “wildly” is an adverb that’s intended to modify. The modification wasn’t really used in hyperbolic fashion.

But I get what you’re saying.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[uck fay] Kentucky.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They can [uck fay] right off booing Fulky like that.