POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Bruh I’m just a white 28 year old millennial from Brentwood, Tennessee. Y’all are overthinking this

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Why would he need to be banned? This is pretty tame as far as politics on the internet goes as far as I can tell. Also, thats a long con with his account being from 2011. I’m not here defending his positions, but I don’t see the point of having a political forum on here and expecting everyone to agree and play nice all the time.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't see it as something that is tolerable.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No because that all night long conversation did conclude with you taking your ball and going home by you banning me and then immediately calling for a vote to end the political forum here. I’m not taking credit nor would I ever want credit for you loathing being a moderator here that is sick of fooling with political talk. You publicly announced to everyone your disdain for even having the responsibility to keep this site going and openly wished that you could leave this site for good. You can think that I think it was about me all you want, makes no difference to me

justingroves likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because Float apparently is a paranoid tyrant with how he runs this ship. VolNation would be proud of his moderating philosophy

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Who does? Slavery sucks. It’s the worst. I hate slavery just as much as you. Not sure what that has to do with the constitution as it stands in 2021

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’d say you’re both being [Richards] in your own special ways

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Anyways…wouldn’t it suck if that darn witch Hillary Clinton got anywhere near the WH in 2024? Lol

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Fair

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has to do with being clear about the nation's origins. We can become what we claim to be, but we can't be that if we can't be honest about history. You'll notice Indy threw in some random comment about Native Americans and war, as if there is any justification to genocide. When the mantra is "make America great again" it isn't aspiring to anything new or better but rather to go backwards to a point in time when America was allegedly great. But if you look back with a critical eye, when exactly was that and for who? It wasn't great for the ancestors of now nearly half of Americans. And the message itself is regressive. What may have been effective or good then would not be now or in the future. The world changes, and whether we wish to acknowledge it or not America is inextricably part of and affected by global civilization as much as vice versa. There is a larger cycle of American isolation and adventurism that is avoidable with a clear-eyed understanding that the world is round. But talking like that is called "globalism" and denigrated, despite, you know, it being an observation of history and reality.

There is a strong push to bury any kind of critical analysis of American history because it lays bare that pattern. We ought to revere democracy and liberty the way we revere our economic system. The tail has been wagging the dog all along. It is why slavery persisted, why we have done much of what we have overseas, and why we always have to find new "others" within our own society to blame for the domestic repercussions for the non-ruling classes. Small towns dying and the American dream unattainable for young adults? Better talk about restricting bathrooms.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Because he's a child, who does not contribute to discussion, but instead generates loads of pointless posts, reposts and moving points. And though while others may have a higher tolerance for it today, that is unlikely to be true forever. If you look at posting, on just this, the guy has been at it non stop, at all hours of the night and day. 1 am. 7 am. That's some devotion. For a guy who has been here a long time, but hasn't had a lot of post volume. It's abnormal.

Typically, that specific type of abnormal doesn't hold up well.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  12. fl0at_

If that were true, you'd be banned, and it would be irreversible.

13. fl0at_

Nope. I banned you because you're a troll. I didn't call for a vote to end anything. It isn't me who thinks this, it is you, as you have stated such, when you said: "That discussion alone somehow literally resulted in a vote to end the political forum here the next morning."

This is false, and you continue to parrot it. That discussion alone had nothing to do with anything. What caused that vote is that since about 2016, this forum has been slowly reducing membership, as some believe, due to politics. That wasn't the first time closing politics has come up. It won't be the last. The discussion that immediately precedes that next discussion on closing politics won't be any more impactful to it, than that one was.

My desire to leave this board has been semi-known since 2016. It'll happen this year. It won't be because of you sport.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Whatever you say big hoss

15. fl0at_

Feel free to ask around. PM zehr. PM Card. PM Norris. PM VolDad. You don't have to take my word on it, you can get some insight on it from others.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not necessary. Your site, your online playground. Your burden of both running this site and feeling the need to continually engage with someone you deem a child on a politics forum.

17. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Poor you. Voluntarily being subjected to the tyranny of someone who isn't banning nor restricting you in any way. You poor, tortured soul. You have everyone's sympathy.

18. fl0at_

This is not my site man. I also don't run this place. I don't and haven't been a "super mod" or anything, for years. I'm the only person, today, who fixes it when it breaks. That's it. Why you must constantly make incorrect statements? What causes you to just make up things? How about let's try this as an exercise for you... if you aren't certain about this place, or the posters, don't make statements? Let's see how that works for you, if you give it a try.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I agree with many of the problems you identified facing our country, I just fail to see how one can’t compartmentalize the shortcomings of our history while at the same time being grateful that we have it good here in 2021 America when you consider the fortunes of of most humans to have ever lived in human existence. Being a glass half full guy about America and the history it represents does not mean one doesn’t adequately acknowledge, understand and empathize with the struggles others have and continue to face in America. Taking pride in America becoming the most racially, culturally, and religiously diverse society isn’t some sort of endorsement yearning to isolate ourselves from seizing to become a more perfect Union at the expense of the rest of the world. It certainly has nothing to do with Donald Trump’s campaign slogan. Nothing wrong with being a proud and appreciative American

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You literally said this site depends on your existence and that despite your desire to leave this place, you can’t because you don’t want to ruin it for everyone else. So many lies you tell