Will Heupel get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I haven’t been to a game since my kids were born. I’m half-hoping for the Mayo Bowl because I think that’s the only one I could reasonably get to (although my brother and sister-in-law are expecting the last week of December so that may preclude bowl travel depending on how family stuff goes).

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I went to two, I didn't go to two Butch or Pruitt coached games

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Last game I saw in person was the CFA bowl vs Va. Tech. Kiffin’s last game.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been to three this year. Might go Saturday, but leaning towards no.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I went to so many Butch chokes even though I know he sucked [penis] as early as 2014. But every Pruitt game I went to we actually looked great and handled business. The USCjr/Mississippi State blowouts and then shitting on UK’s 10 win team.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

MSU wasn't a blowout.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

You’re right. It felt like one. I think we kept [uck fay]ing it up when we got into their territory.

Took JG dinking and dunking it and Tyler Byrd’s only contribution at UT to pull that one out.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doesn't have the depth of experience Brian Kelly has, though.

InVolNerable likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Heup delivers eulogies and Kelly is the reason for them. Different kind of coach.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Read a tweet that said we set 8 single season offensive records this year. Ended season top 10 in pts and yards iir. 108th+ the year prior.

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Ole Sis led the SEC in flops as a low rent defensive tactic.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's a good man and a good coach, but I don't think he's the guy that brings us back.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll consistently win 7 or 8 regular season games and he'll have one or two seasons where he wins 10. We'll eventually get tired of that and fire him

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t think it’s possible for any coach to get UT all the way “back” at this time. There’s usually only room for two dominant SEC programs at one time. It was UT and Florida in the 90s. Now it’s Alabama and Georgia. Until one of them comes back to earth, no one else will have a floor above 8 wins.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is a pretty likely scenario. My biggest concern is when we do will he have the cupboards stocked with the talent needed for a top tier coach to win? If the answer is no we are likely just hiring another coach like him and crossing our fingers.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He keeps having 40 point a game offenses, he’ll win enough to stay employed. The boosters are tired of buyouts, which is why they insisted on Plowman finding cause as a condition of getting rid of Pruitt. The defense can only get better from where it is now.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If CH stays consistent in winning 8-9 games a yr and some of these SEC school hires miss and/or leave (mainly thinking Saban), we could pick up one or a couple recruits that get us over the hump to legit NC contenders. Again though, Tennessee needs to have their NIL game together or it will be an issue. That's how I see it anyways.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bringing in Billy High is a solid move by Heupel. We need a guy like him.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Who is Billy High?