Will Heupel get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 13, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee grad, Knoxville native, interned for Kiffin here and stayed involved all the way to Butch, I believe.

He bounced around and is considered one of the best recruiters around. He'll do nothing but stay in touch with high school, juco and portal guys and vet them before Heupel and crew go after them.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Assuming he's related to Charlie?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brothers

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Knowledgeable football people at UNC think this is bad for them, knowledgeable football people at UT think it is good for us, and he isn't high profile enough or old enough for people to be relying on some long-ago accomplishment for thinking that. This dude seems to be hungry, he has a math degree so you know he is probably not just skoal patrolling it (this was my initial fear due to him having family connections), and he likely has layers of investment in doing very well here.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have a math degree. Don't put your hopes in that meaning he is smart and hungry, as I am as dumb and lazy as they come.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have paid your bills and are raising a family. I'm not putting a math degree on some high pedestal, but it isn't exactly in the realm of degrees where you have core classes which require 4 short essays and 2 long ones on some interpretive subject for the grade.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I take that back, I think I do put a math degree on a high pedestal. In the scheme of things, engineering and math are the epitome of not taking the easy way. Specifically for someone interested in a career in athletics and coaching. A coach who is a math teacher (he apparently was)? That's good shit, man.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Don’t underrate the difficulty of getting to the first week of December and realizing you have 3-4 20-page papers to write in the next two weeks.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Self-inflicted! It may be my own bias, in that if I find a few sources I can crank out pages like Tenny.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's like 60-80 pages

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I will never forget writing 25 in one night, trying to go to bed at 6 AM only to find news leaking that Tennessee had hired Butch Jones. That was a bad night.

justingroves likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I always thought arbitrary pushed counts were dumb and no more than I would expect from a fine arts professor. I either adequately answer the question or not. Page length is immaterial.

IP likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

About two pages an hour is all I ever could churn out. A lot less than that for what I write now.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I bet Tenacious D laughed at the minimums.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. However, there are some questions one can not completely answer in a page. But I agree. The pages should be more of guidelines, like "most students with a good answer will find this to be a 15 to 20 page answer. Mileage may vary."

A-Smith likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Absolutely nothing worse when grading 30 papers than someone writing way more than asked, though. I hated having to dig through extra pages to see if they ever hit on the stuff they were supposed to, or were hoping to just get by on volume of gobbley-gook.

A-Smith and Tar Volon like this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Is he the equivalent of the personnel guy everyone has wanted here that spent time recently at LSU?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes, basically just like Austin. He is a very bright young guy.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They worked together for at least a year, maybe two, here.

zehr27 likes this.