POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think most people (those who don’t know) would care if they were Muslins or not. Given the political climate I do believe it being China doing it adds flames to the fire.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

As a specific request no, but as part of the broader Miss America answer it would, for the compassionate:

1. End world hunger
    2. Health care for all
    3. Equal rights for all

It fits in #3, and some would see #3 higher than I've listed.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Equal rights may take care of the other two. Or at least greatly address them.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There's a whole lot I can care about and not be able to make much difference about. I think what it happening to the Uyghurs is horrible, the same I think the same about the Muslim groups in Africa kidnapping and killing Christian groups in Africa. Throw in any other group that you want, I will call it grotesque.

That said, there's not a ton I can do about it other than watch where I buy is from and what I invest in does and encourage others to do the same. I doubt I can call up President Xi and he'll take my call.

justingroves, HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I never said we shouldn't criticize, I said there's a lot of stuff we [itch bay] about that only comes from not having to worry about much. A lot of people create reasons to complain.

ole_orange likes this.
  6. fl0at_

If there are five criticisms, and all are deemed "created" due to us having too little to worry about, and believing we shouldn't create these complaints, then all those criticisms go away.

That's practically the same as saying don't criticize--the pool of criticism is reduced, if not fully emptied.

7. fl0at_

Hard to say, as they are resource problems. If there is always enough to go around, then yea. If not, then everyone just equally starves.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is definitely enough food to go around. Healthcare equally shared is not dependent on supply directly. If the distributed healthcare is insufficient, there is a shared motivation to increase the supply which otherwise would not exist if the most influential/powerful are insulated from that insufficiency as they are now.

9. fl0at_

I don't think you want to snap your fingers and have more medical practitioners. Not yet.

And food is still a resource. We can give it out, and should, but we need to also address our animal need to procreate.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Human population may peak in the 2060's.

11. fl0at_

It might.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sure

ole_orange and zehr27 like this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not a total shocker. Disney/ESPN have no desire to rock the boat with Xi's government. However there are sadly plenty of people like JA who moralize on behalf of China's system of government by equating events like George Floyd to the Chinese government crushing political dissent and disappearing protestors. But that's also the beauty of the 1A and shows why America has a superior system of government to China.

zehr27 likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Only chance china has is to join/take over Russia for resources because they don’t produce enough food or enough energy.

on top of that they’re [uck fay]ed on demographics and can’t project force abroad due to the US owning the ocean through our navy.

once we stop keeping the global order and doing business with anyone anywhere due to us policing the seas. China’s economic and political system collapses.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Economic independence from China would truly be a wonderful thing for America and the rest of the free world. Force them to rely on their non-creative and brainwashed society to progress their country along without being able to steal and imitate Western innovation for once.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Such a folly in retrospect thinking we could export western democratic values to a place run by far left authoritarian thugs like China. We should have kept them in the rice fields with the oxen. Instead our gullibility allowed them to become a global anti-American superpower as we sacrificed American Manufacturing and our economic independence in the name of globalization along the way in order for China to obtain the geopolitical status it now enjoys.