Will Heupel get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 13, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Caught a wild hair and got season tix. One year's worth the risk and they seem on the up.

Volgrad98 and justingroves like this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

No matter how next year goes, Neyland will be rowdier on average than it’s been since…..?

Can’t imagine you’ll regret it.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JG and I and others mentioned how fun the atmosphere was this year. More of the same next year. Lights and pregame stuff was best ever. It's back to being worth a day spent taking in everything again.
    For Ole Miss I walked the campus at sunrise and ended at the hotel at 130 am and exhausted but worth it

lol vol likes this.
  4. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I'm thinking Spring Game and then Litton's for Burgers!! Might see which one of the kids wants to go!! I will be bringing Bourbon!

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are going to try and do the spring game as well.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Spring game is going to in Nashville due to stadium renovations

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's cool, I can actually get to Nashville cheap from Fargo. Might just do that, some music, Vol football, Southern spring day. I'm in for that!

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Half the roster gonna tear their ACLs on that goat pasture

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. lol vol

lol vol Member

It’s great to hear that Jarrett Guarantano is still all vol! VFL.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Probably why the practice is advertised to be so different, I'm looking forward to see the 5 star QB throw.

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I got season tickets again. Had them from '10-'17

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mom is thinking about it, I told her this could be her best chance for awhile.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yes, it is.

For me the cost is the cheapest per ticket it has been in a very, very long time. We've had 4-8 tix since early 80's. We moved from bleachers in South under the "O" (later moved us to QQ when South jumbotron was installed) to real chairs, undercover in North EZ back in 90's and kept the 4 bleacher no-donation seats.

This year the all-in price was $600/ticket, $400/ticket lower this year than the previous years for our chairs, undercover.

After all these years, we dropped 4 bleacher seats in 2020 and dropped from 4 -> 2 chair seats last year and was contemplating going to zero this year because the party deck ate my seats.

When they called me and told me the price and just shifted me over from yy9 to yy7, I could not pass up keeping a pair.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I’ve got 3 in P. Price is much more affordable now.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Was unaware of this $600 all in deal. Very tempting.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I just a call from UT. They also blew up the section they relocated me to (yy7) because the Party Deck blew up my original section (yy9). I am now relegated to YY6. Oh well, I still have my real chairs and a roof and I am closer to the elevator (glass half full POV).

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Love to see it. I had them for a decade. Upper corner 2 rows up from section entrance with seat backs and plenty of room. Convinced my kids it was better up top at sporting events to see everything develop. Didn’t mention saving me cash.

Poppa T likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I'd probably rather be up there than where we have always been. y9 but way too close to the field. Have to watch too much jumbotron to see what's going on.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We moved to YY9 ~1995-96. We used to be able to claim 80% of the donation PSL on taxes, so the chairs with a roof were worth the 20% kicker to the cost of the tickets. The tax deduction went away in 2017 when they changed the tax law.

Seats were dabsmack in the middle of the goalposts high enuff beyond the roof dripline. Lot of older VFLs (all sports) have seats up there. Chairs with room was easy on the backs and knees. They did not have to pay the donation, just ticket cost.

We used to have 4 seats and I started taking each of grandkids to one game a year when they turned 5. The boys were old enuff to reach the pizz trough and the girls were old enuff to go with one of the nice ladies if the wife wasn't with me.. The boys for one game and the girls to another.

Sitting up there for every 1998 game was glorious. Watching you youngsters rush the field and carry off the goal post was epic.

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Perhaps this is a season coming where goalposts are relocated, I want Florida destroyed...Georgia humbled... and Bama beat.

Poppa T and IP like this.