21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

fair but its hoops. Some nights are off, on all levels and no matter what a coach makes. I believe all of our losses are on the road to top 25 too, with no bad losses yet. And they watch film/gameplan with individual scouting reports on each player, inbounds plays, defenses and offenses the opponent runs, prior to every single game. You think they don't?
    Matchups dictate a lot and we just won't matchup at times, especially when playing 2 true freshmen pgs in the toughest conference. If we are 5/20 from 3, are we supposed to go into Fulk or shoot midrange? We could, but this is a penetrate and dish team so players need to hit open shots and fts or sit down with Bailey.
    I'm up for offensive solutions, such as clearouts with better spacing when we have a matchup, recruiting and developing a dominant big man, having a consistent stretch 4 ( I hoped Pember could help here but he took his talents somewhere and just went for 41). Offensively we actually scored more ppp than anyone has on LSU all year, which happened because we did clear out a little more, kicked out and hit open shots D1 players are supposed to hit.

lol vol likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ridiculous.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It really is. At least be more clever than nasty.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Looks to me like we have changed offenses but aren’t super committed to it. Playing two bigs really clogs up the driving lanes. Our offense really comes and goes based on James being in the games

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

AP loves us. 24 to 18 this week.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saw something about us playing a ridiculously difficult schedule in terms of defenses so far this year, and that the schedule is actually going to be much easier the rest of the way. Don't remember where I saw it. Our SOS is like third in the nation.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Once we get out of January, our schedule becomes way more manageable, other than a home pair with Kentucky and Auburn. Still, there's lots of dangerous opponents out there. I think Florida is a tough out Wednesday, as are future games against A&M and Mississippi State.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure, but if we can't at least split these last 12 games, we weren't going to do anything at all in the tournament anyway.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Honestly it was stupid we dropped so much the 2 weeks prior. We lost to teams ranked higher than us on the road. Even with UK drubbing us their shooting was flukey. Most metrics still had us in the top 20.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

Ouch Florida plays tonight at Ole Miss before coming here Wednesday…

12. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I know it's cliche to hate other teams' coaches and love your own even if he's a [penis], but I feel confident in saying I would be embarrassed if Will Wade represented my university. I dislike the guy so much I think I'd root for Alabama or Kentucky over LSU.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, I am about there myself.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Florida beaten handily by Ole Miss tonight. They're without Castleton right now but I'm not sure if he's expected back Wednesday. If he isn't should be a double-digit win.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

Bama just lost to 5-14 Georgia.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

17. Ssmiff

Haven't seen florida play. Sounds like they may be missing the big kid inside. I assume they will throw some zone and token pressure. If we attack we will get rhythm shots but if we are passive and late to get in sets our rhythm and shooting % will be affected

18. lol vol

lol vol Member

Beta males.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

lol such bullshit by this Apple kid.

lol vol likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, [uck fay] these Gator bullshit shots.