POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’ve just never felt like I could take “pride” in something that I had nothing to do with nor worked to achieve. I’m glad, honored, whatever you want to call it that I too am a native Tennessean but it was a happenstance, not a choice. Had I been born in South Korea or Iceland or practically anywhere else I’m pretty sure I’d feel the same way. To my way of thinking, pride can only be derived from accomplishment. Whenever I complete a mandolin, or meet my targets at work, or even shoot a beer can off a stump at 1000 yards (never done it, but I’d sure be proud of it if I did, lol!!) I feel a sense of pride that by my own effort, I was able to do (X)… I understand that some define pride differently, but that just how I see it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    SetVol13 and fl0at_ like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

By reading what is written. But I'll try again to clarify, and we'll see where we get. I do not run this site. I do not own this site. Tenny D owns this site. The moderators here run this site. I am not a moderator, but I have the keys. I do the fixes when things break, and the software updates, and that's it. Were I not to do that, things can break, and there isn't anyone else to step up to fix it. As such, I don't have the luxury of simply leaving, despite the desire to do so.

This, in a nutshell, is everything I've told you, in response to you trying to imply that I somehow saw myself as important to this place. I do not. I am not. I have no desire to be.

Now, you have been told. Twice today. Once very clearly in this message. So, again, and simply, who do you think runs this site?

3. fl0at_

The two (nationalism and American pride) are very close together, and can be easily crossed, and we, as Americans, have had a lot of indoctrination to that effect to where patriotism and nationalism have become blurred. To our own detriment, if we continue toward nationalism and less towards patriotism.

Those countries that so many of us "wouldn't want to live in and thank god we're American" are necessary to combat Eastern philosophy that is in lock step moving across this globe.

4. fl0at_

Georgia won a title? When?

Is how I will respond.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

@ole_orange @Savage Orange

I think some of my comments in this thread were off the mark and reading further into things than what was typed. I regret interpreting anything as being tolerant of the evils in our history. I do believe we can be fundamentally stronger as a country in regards to valuing and taking care of everybody, and while that isn't superficially a controversial desire or position, it sure can feel like it is when it comes to thinking about what it could look like to go in that direction.

6. Savage Orange

It’s all good. It’s hard to discern tone in emails, and it’s the same for message boards. I’ll be the first to admit I can be very clumsy in my wording and that can (and does, lol!!) lend itself to misinterpretation.

ole_orange likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You make mandolins?

8. Savage Orange

Yes. Mostly A styles but I’ll make the occasional f style. I posted a photo in one of the threads in the ‘dome about a year ago. I haven’t made one yet I’d feel good about selling to someone else (lord knows there are a TON of really good makers out there!!) but for me to just sit around and pick on, they’re not too bad. I’ve burned or given away more than I’ve kept, lol!

CardinalVol likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

VolDad and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

All good. No worries. FWIW although it is obvious we have differing overall political perspectives and worldviews, I have always appreciated reading and pondering your perspective on matters. Having my viewpoints and beliefs critically challenged is very healthy and ultimately it only sharpens my understanding of the world and approach to how I think about things.

VolDad likes this.
  11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think all politicians suck. Republicans, Democrats - don't matter. I think a winning combo for Republicans could be DeSantis/Crenshaw (the ex Seal from Texas who wears the eyepatch). I think they'd have to monumentally screw up to lose in 2024. OR Trump get pissed and run as an Independent and split up the Republican vote.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

As a fiddle player trying to learn mandolin, I'm impressed.

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

Something about Crenshaw doesn't smell right.

14. VOLinDAWGland

The stuff Durham is trickling out might just finish off Hillary for good.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are two wildly different readings of it. Only one can be right. But if nothing comes of it for Hillary, the wrong reading can still cry conspiracy and cover up. It will be another innuendo and allegation without factual backing. This is a repeating melody I have heard before.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Durham is legit but I really doubt there is anything there that is going to be ground breaking.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't about Durham being legit, it is how people are interpreting what is being alleged.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Which is why I also said nothing ground breaking will come out.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wait people actually still exist that think the Clintons are not dirty when it comes to playing the game of politics? Just goes to show how powerful corporate legacy media is at dominating imaginations still. The documentary Clinton Cash should be a required watch for any American student learning how modern American politicians operate

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Few people think the Clintons are on the up and up, but I sure as shit am not going to buy a narrative from a documentary funded by Steve Bannon and based on a book by Breitbart executive riddled with factual errors. I also will bet a million dollars this thing with Durham goes absolutely nowhere, based on the info he put out there and the purposely unmet statute of limitations.

I think of Hillary the same way as I always have, a regular politicians with the usual questionable components. However, three decades of intense focus and hatred from, mostly, the right, but also the left, have exaggerated her villainy.