2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

2. KyleAlexanderfan

Again, you’re still interpreting it the wrong way. 33% from your center is great. I wish Plavsic or Fulky could hit at that rate.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I read "4-5." Not 3. Did I interpret that post incorrectly as well?

He hit 5 3 pointers in a single game 0 times in his entire career. He hit 4 3 pointers in a single game 2 times in his entire career.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How fast do you think he runs?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If your point was "A center shooting 33% from 3 is great," then you should have said what you just said above. You should have compared his percentage to that of Plavsic or Fulky.

But you didn't. You compared him to "most of our team" shooting 35-36%. You were trying to take our 3 point shooters, who are very solid, and lump him into the same group as them, as if he is their peer from behind the arc.

And you still haven't clarified what "most of our team" means despite me asking multiple times.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

So he did hit 4 3 pointers in a single game when he shot 32% in his career from 3? Is that what you’re telling me? Sounds like a guy who can shoot above his % on any given night and you should probably cover him or deal with the fact he can burn you.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A very silly oversimplification and not at all what people like me have implied entirely. But you do you.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Welp

9. KyleAlexanderfan

Lol. It was just to show a point of reference. You know better.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He had 10 games this year where he had at least 3 3PA. He went 19-39 (48.7%) from 3 in those games (so 16-34 without the UT game, 47.1%). 2-22 in the other 21 games (including 4 games where he didn't attempt a 3 at all) of going 0-1 or 0-2, with the occasional make.

That'd probably be a pretty good trend for a head coach to know. Prepare for that 31%, sure. But also know that maybe his seasonal percentage isn't truly indicative of how he shoots when given good looks and the chance to actually fire away.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Funny how it seems obvious just from reading the posts. Assuming we are right, probably means we have spent too much time on message boards.

12. InVolNerable

It's very unfortunate that basketball coaches can't talk to their players at all during the game. Especially that they can't yell directions at them when they are on the court or call a timeout and talk to them directly.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. KyleAlexanderfan

What the [uck fay] are you talking about?

14. InVolNerable

He's trying really hard to prove he understands and "knows" basketball. It's cute.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Just running my mouth and racing to assumptions.

Indy likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

Ok?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What evidence do you have that Barnes failed to do those things? How do you know that putting a hand in the face of the big man at the 3 point line wasn't at the top of the scouting report? Do you assume that a guy like Plavsic always does what his coach tells him to 100% of the time?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nah just making fun of your ass. See you next year again when the season ends. Definitely a psych study for lovers like you who peep out.
    I got $100 you had never heard of thr kid until last week, yet you think googling box score makes you informed. You don't know basketball. Period. Stick with soccer.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

No one knows the definitive answer to that. Plavsic did intentionally leave him several times though.

I don’t know what point every one else is making but the point I was making was don’t act like it’s just pure luck the guy knocked down 3 of them against us. It’s a continuation of the Barnes just has bad luck in March excuse.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The point of reference doesn't make any sense when comparing two largely different sample sizes. You compared a guy who shoots a lower % on less attempts to guys who shoot a higher percentage on more attempts.