2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Facts and science are overrated. One time, I saw a guy only use certain facts that backed up his position and intentionally left out facts that hurt it. So now I don't listen to any type of facts ever. I purely stick to hearsay, gut instincts, and whatever my golf buddies tell me to think.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Expand his stats out to per 40 and his averages are about 3 blocks per game. So, yeah. He's a great post defender. No one else on the team comes close.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Or it means Tshiebwe struggles against size.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Breaking: good post defender is tall and has long arms

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea what you are talking about. I’m not the one who brought up Chism.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s what makes a great post defender? Blocks?

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Wow.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's a good sign. I'm sure you have some insane opinion on why it isn't an indicator. I won't read it, though.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s just not the first thing I’d cite when defining what makes a good post defender.

Post defense and rim protection aren’t necessarily the same thing.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol, what? "Wayne Chism" are the first two [uck fay]ing words in the post I quoted. By you. I certainly didn't mention him first.

This is a serious question. Are you legitimately retarded?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You quoted a post of mine, in which I was responding to a post about Wayne Chism, which originated with KAF. He’s the person who first posted about Wayne Chism, not me. So I haven’t the faintest clue why you’re telling me about all the games that Wayne Chism went 0’fer from 3, or how Dickinson differs from him. I’m not the one who made the damn comparison.

If you’re going to call me retarded, at least take the time to read the posts and respond to one where I’m actually being [uck fay]ing retarded.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

Calm down.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A lot of the time a block comes from the second guy coming off his man, so yeah, it’s not really the same as “post defense.” Was Yves Pons a good “post defender”? That isn’t really what I’d call him

Indy likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Insanity.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"A lot of the time". Very subjective of you. Pons was a good rim protector coming from the weakside. Aidoo does it in post-ups. So, yeah.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

all I’m saying is that blocks aren’t necessarily indicative of a good post defender

I do think Aidoo is one, and will be even better when he figures out what’s going on

17. KyleAlexanderfan

Insanity.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It writes itself.

19. Tenacious D

Did we? Not could we. Did we?

You think Barnes’ inability to make it out of the opening weekend in 9 of the last 10 years is best attributed to “chaos”?

20. Tenacious D

Nerd.

What’s the square root of this apartment?