Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I'm glad he didn't say much about the officials screwing us over, that's the kind of thing that speaks louder when someone else is saying it for you....and a lot of 3rd parties have said it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

We’ll probably get the SEC crew that worked the Ole Miss game in Knoxville.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

P.P.S. Post-postscript. Not P.S.S. (post script-script).

Agree with everything else. Why the [uck fay] do we get [uck fay]ing Rodgers for everyone of our games? And when it's not that [uck fay]ing douche-canoe, we get McElroy. A guy right there on his douche level.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

When we start winning, they will let the honors go to high dollar douche-canoes.

5. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I live for the day when officials crews have a transparent accountability in the conference, and we get our pound of flesh watching them get publicly hammered for bad calls.

6. InVolNerable

It makes absolutely zero sense for professional referees in every sport to be so shielded.

Not only do they not have to speak to media about anything (media only has access to the head officiate, and they aren't allowed to ask them about judgement calls. Lol, wut?), but players/coaches/team officials/etc. can't criticize anything they do without being fined. How in the [uck fay] did they all get such a cushy deal while simultaneously doing such a horrendous job?

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is also making the response/view of referees more vitriolic. We all hate them because they are beyond reproach. If a guy or gal had to sit there at a table drinking a bottle of water, answering questions about how they could possibly decide no foul occurred in instance A but one did in B, and them just basically say "I guess I [uck fay]ed up," it would go a LONG way. Just acknowledging it.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Jim Joyce screwed up that Detroit pitcher’s perfect game several years ago and the players immediately defended him. That’s because he was a good dude and he immediately apologized after the game.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

YES! He even went to the dude the next day and apologized, if I am not mistaken.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  10. InVolNerable

Amazing what no excuses and taking accountability will get you in terms of respect. Doesn't [uck fay] around at all with taking full blame

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reasonable people all understand there will be mistakes and misses. But if there is accountability, one doesn't wonder if they aren't "mistakes" after all.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If accountability in officiating were a thing, I would really love to hear how some of these refs justify the calls made on the field. Following sports for a long time, you realize some calls are made to make up for blown calls missed or made earlier in the game. But some calls are just utter WTF moments. Those are the ones I want to hear about.

IP likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Like Matt Corral’s forward progress being stopped or something

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Sankey could lead the college sports world into a proposal of an officials accountability and transparency order with camera technology. But the same old money luminaries that love traditional bowl games loves traditional invulnerability for officials. It’s like the Masonic good ole boy network, we protect our own.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This was a 7 pt game with 14 left and we had momentum. Saban didn’t know how to stop us.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fun game

zehr27 likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes, I also love going to the dentist.

justingroves likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Better than the proctologist I guess which is where Butch always took us

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not to mention repeated vasectomies

A-Smith likes this.
  20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Kiffin at SEC media days....coach, have you expanded on your use of the fake injury this season to control tempo, did ole dad teach you that, and can we look forward to a more imaginative underhandedness?