COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The federal government wasting millions? I am shocked

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't repeat the same mistake that got us there: the money was wasted when it wasn't spent in preparation but rather reaction, because people said "the guvernment is wastin' millions!" and cut the pandemic preparation budget that was in place since SARS. You will recall in 2018ish Trump cut the funding for pandemic planning and response, I posted about it here, and was told it was a waste of money. 2 years later, it turned out that wasn't a waste of money, and THEN we started wasting money because of it.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well boys, my 2 year streak of being COVID free may be coming to an end. Wife went to the office for meetings Tuesday and Wednesday and got an exposure email Friday

I did a home test Friday, was negative. She went to pharmacy and did a rapid test also negative.

I told her that it may be too early for the rapid tests to catch it on Friday morning if she didn’t pick it up until Wednesday afternoon, so she should take another home test. She took it, it’s positive. Went to the clinic to take a PCR, doctor said “well if you have a home positive I’ll just check you out rather than going through a test”

Doc says “you’ve got COVID”

I took another home test, still negative, fwiw

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My wife was negative first test, and didn't show symptoms for two or three days until after the first test, then was very positive, and spent two days in bed.

I was negative for a week, and then got hit hard for one day with fever, chills, hacking up crap, and then... back to normal.

I would test on symptoms, and if they are light symptoms, two days after first set of symptoms. If you get pretty hard core symptoms, test that day.

You aren't really going to catch an early infection with an at home test kit.

emainvol and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they say omicron is not likely to pop positive unless symptomatic

emainvol likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Makes sense, thanks y’all. I honestly haven’t paid a lot of attention to the testing protocols on this one

Only symptoms that I might have are also allergy symptoms that I always have in spring

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Post pics of all your stuff, pls.

I call dibs on first pick.

emainvol, dknash and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I had a thing a month or so ago, started with a sore throat and became a productive cough. Rapid test negative. About 6 days into it I went to bed freezing to death and woke up in a lake of sweat. Then felt better. Probably not COVID, but then I found $5

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least we aren't in China. Scary stuff there. Funny how people thought the tiny measures here were so horrible and like china.

10. fl0at_

Sounds like bronchitis.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

She went from feeling pretty okay this morning to feeling like hot trash in a hurry.

12. fl0at_

Hydrate and rest.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

While the data continues to indicate ivermectin is not effective, paxlovid may be the real deal in terms of covid therapeutics and is worth discussing with your doctor if you get covid and have risk factors. Unlike all the others, it does show strong improvement in outcomes in large studies. It already has emergency use authorization. It does have some potential problems for people with heart issues. But so does covid, so let your doctor suss it out.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m pretty tired, but I haven’t slept all that much last couple days. I’ve been having sinus and allergy problems off an on for the last week, but I’ve popped negative on two home tests so that may well be all it is.

Wife still has a cough and some general cruddy feeling but her fever is gone.

According to her doc and guidelines, if she doesn’t pick the fever back up tomorrow or Thursday, she’s good to go out masked up starting Thursday or Friday

I’m just going to stay on her timeline unless I develop symptoms, that seem right to y’all?

IP likes this.
  15. fl0at_

Yea. If you've not had a positive test, and don't have a fever, I think you're good to go out with a mask on now, if you need to.

emainvol likes this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

As the day goes on, I feel worse so I’m not getting too optimistic yet. Still no fever or cough, just general cold/sinus stuff and malaise. Think it still may just be lack of sleep

I’ll test again tomorrow if I need to

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i tested negative twice (pcr) including 10 hours before i had an 102 fever.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Are you quarantined from each other? If so, how is that working?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Emain has amazing grip strength now

emainvol likes this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Today’s our anniversary.

I am less than pleased with the person who showed up to her office and company outing sick last week.

justingroves likes this.