COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Pretty well. Could probably have done a little better but my office/cave makes it easy to just stay in one spot for hours at a time. Problem is, she tested negative Friday then positive on Sunday, so that was two full days we were around each other a good bit.

If I get through this without catching it either A) I had it at some point and was asymptomatic so got the super-immunity from infection+vaccine and booster or B) I am one of the lucky ones whose vaccine fully prevented infection even during Omicron

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

C) She's the real hero who's vaccine kept her viral load from being large enough to infect you, but still gave her bad enough symptoms.

Not always about you emain, god.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

In short, thanks to vaccines and careless coworkers, no one in this house is taking on any big loads this week

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It could be worse. Your 50th anniversary could have occurred in the 2020 Year of Covid Lockdown pre-vaccination.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Makes the Suez Canal look like child's play

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum] you, Biden.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just landed and they announced no more masks.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

really dumb they are locking down

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Second booster last night .

[​IMG]

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We finally got it in our house, despite us both being double boosted.

It was probably inevitable given the already rising number of cases and the fact that we were all over busses, trains and planes to, from and in the UK on our trip to St Andrews.

Wife got it first and is now testing negative. My 10 day period of precautions (5 days of QT, 5 days of masking when in public) ends Saturday.

Symptoms aren’t terrible. Had some fatigue and aches, but that was only one day. The cough and congestion having been more annoying than anything else, especially as it lingers.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Subtle I went to St. Andrews post.

It's crazy how many people I know that either have it or have just gotten over it. Doing a quick count, I came up with almost 40 people.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

My wife's coworker felt sick last week. tested positive. Was out until yesterday. Came back in, still sounded sick. My wife had him take a COVID test. Positive. Thanks, bro. Thanks.

She and I still haven't had it that we know of, but it seems more likely that we were either asymptomatic or just tested negative with it because I have been exposed more than once for sure.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh I definitely haven’t been subtle in the golf thread.

But yes, seems like it’s really going around right now with this new variant.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The new variant does not seem to care if you have had it before or were vaccinated for the original strain.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As I understand it, there will be an updated booster/vaccine in October to account for the new variant(s).

But I also have no doubt that being up to date on vaccines lead to us only experiencing mild symptoms overall.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hospitalization and death rates for vaccinated vs nonvaccinated controlling for age and risk groups seems to indicate that as well.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

theres an omicron vaccine coming out on the original omicron strain but has already mutated to the point that it won’t offer much protection on infection

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

BA.5 is an omicron subvarient.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My wife and I both have it. Worst for me is sore throat. Also have basically no appetite