What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

N64 games didn’t age well outside of a few, SNES did much better. The n64 games that feel good to play are Mario kart, Mario party and paper Mario. I’m sure there’s a few more but I bet Ocarina of Time will be a pain in the ass.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I could see that, but I also feel I'm good at taking a game for what it would have been worth during its time. I enjoy replaying older titles, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Super Mario 64 has been a pain at times. The camera and the movements can be a burden.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

That’s going to be the worst part about Ocarina of Time. Camera controls and slingshot.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It’s plenty playable. I got through a bunch of it without too much headache earlier this year. Only didn’t finish because life stuff got hectic and forgot what was going on once I had time again. A little wonky, but it’s still fun.

Just got done with immortals. Thought it was funny and worth the $15 I got it on sale for. Beware if you’re a completionist though, the map is littered with objectives, and it gets tedious by the end. Just stick to the story and do enough chests/puzzles to get the skills you want and your axe leveled up.

Started Hollow Knight. Already in love.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They added Mario Golf 64 to the expansion.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

They need to add a lot of SNES rpgs. FF3/Chrono trigger/Mario rpg/Secret of Evermore. I’m playing Earthbound on it right now. Mega man soccer would be fun.

Their products are so inconsistent. They have a lot of those on that mini snes they sold a few years ago. Same with the Wii U shop.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just give me DK 64 and I’ll be happy.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Finished Mario. I think that’s the first time I’ve done it with all 120 stars.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

11 year old me was addicted to this game back in the day.

It starts you out with only 4 playable characters and you have to unlock the rest of them by beating them in a match play round. I had forgotten how dickish this gets later on. I lost a hole to Wario last night because he holed out from 100 yards for eagle.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I played the Gameboy version as a kid and loved it. Never played the N64 version.

I started it the other day and beat Luigi relatively easily, considering it took me a few holes just to figure out what I was doing. Not sure how much I'll play it in the near future, now that I've started Ocarina of Time.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure if this belongs here, but I happened across it on Twitter and couldn’t not share it:

If this is what Elon as Twitter overlord means, then I’m all for it.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's the real life version of the online dynasty threads.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would be epic.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Turned on the Xbox for the first time in months on Saturday. I had been itching to play some Apex, and it didn't disappoint.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Just fired up “a plague tale” and already regret it. So brutal, but I’m invested now.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone playing the Returnal dlc?

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I never played the game, but it’s on my list. Good, I assume?

I’ve been playing Elden Ring the last few days, finally. Seems alright

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still can’t decide if I want to try it. I like high dark fantasy but I don’t really enjoy frustrating difficulty

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Returnal is the most fun I've had with a video game in years.

emainvol likes this.