POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He thinks a person who said if sea level rises several feet, it wouldn't be a problem because people on the coast could just sell their homes, is some kind of model thinker. Talking fast and having a lot of confidence goes a long way with some people.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’ve never made a stupid comment, I guess. The dude talks for an hour on a podcast basically every single day. He’s gonna say some stupid stuff every so often. Doesn’t mean he can’t also say stuff worth listening to.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

A dumb person’s idea of a smart person

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a lawyer!

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Medically, it's the same procedure or close enough that the doctors and nurses ask each other if it's a miscarriage or an abortion when they're rolling your wife back to remove a miscarriage

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

bEcAuSe CoNsErVaTiVeS

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because if one believes life starts at conception when an egg is fertilized, and we don't have any right to terminate life once it has been perceived to begin, then how IUD's, nova rings, the pill, etc work would also be terminating life since they work by preventing a fertilized egg from implanting on the uterine wall. It also means women who have miscarriages can now be reasonably investigated and sued in many states for potentially having aborted, without recourse for being falsely accused, in Texas and in the states that follow.

The whole anti abortion position is one not based on anything physical or biological

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    utvol0427 and The Dooz like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also worth considering that if something can be called "settled law" by Justices and be upheld multiple times over 50 years, THEN be overturned, what exactly is the value of the judicial system? We are now in an environment where precedent regarding rights no longer holds meaning.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's not conservatives, it's Christians. I know several that do not believe birth control should be allowed.

Hell, Catholic school tried to teach me that jacking off was some sin, so it's not even the Deep South Christian.

12. fl0at_

I think two years or so ago, a Christian based retain chain won a case in the Supreme Court that said they didn't have to provide birth control as part of their medical insurance package.

If you have businesses that won't pay for it, and doctors/pharmacists that won't hand it out... it may not be in fact illegal, but it damn sure isn't treated as something common.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I know a bunch of Christians. Believe it or not birth control is not in danger

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We were told the only acceptable forms of birth control were abstinence and Natural Family Planning. We had a whole semester on NFP my senior year. Problem was that the guy who was teaching it had 7 kids, so…

And that all these were sins:

1. JO’ing
    2. Butt sects
    3. Pulling out
    4. BJs
    5. Condoms

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We were also told Roe is settled law.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do too. All personal liberty is in danger if another person's private faith is relevant to what rights you have.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are going down a leopards eating faces path.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Well, I’m here to comfort y’all.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Roe has always been a point of contention. Honestly let’s get this into legislatures and let them do their job. Not that I have a ton of confidence in that either.

20. fl0at_

Legislating a medical decision is a bad idea. Think of having to put a knee replacement in to law by Congress, all the edge cases would result in no knees.

This should be between a doctor (who is doing the procedure), the patient, and the doctor's ethical review board--and that's it.

IP likes this.