UT Athletics

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 20, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just wanted to point out where programs stood. And I am sure I am missing a few

Baseball - in the running for GOAT
    Softball - About to host another regional with a legit shot to get to OK City
    Men's bball - pretty much a solid top 15-20 program at this point
    Women's bball - also back in the top 15 programs in the county
    Soccer - Just finished a sweet 16 run
    Tennis - Becoming a regular in the Final Four
    Track - As best as I can tell the men are a top 15 program again
    Volleyball - pretty much a fixture in the NCAA Tournament now
    And Football - Program appears to be legitimately on the up and up for the first time in 20 years.

Funny, once you get everyone on board and pulling in the same direction, things start to change. This list would have been less than half this long 5 years ago. If we can get football over the hump, it's appearing to be a great decade for UT athletics.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also funny what happens when you stop prioritizing buildings and pretending to be Yale, and concentrate on the on-the-field product.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate how schools try to be other schools. Build your own brand.

Especially annoying when leaders are looking at ivy league schools when we are a [uck fay]ing R1 land grant. Our mission is bigger and better and more meaningful than snobby ivy league's, and if you disagree then you are at the wrong place. Tennessee isn't here to manufacture prestige for old money. It is here to serve Tennesseans and light the way forward.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

[uck fay] Yale, bunch of overrated, inbred old blue bloods.

justingroves likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Baseball losing in regionals, football going 4-8, and NIT bid incoming

Volsdude, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Nah those were the bad old days.

10SEvols likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

Time is a flat circle

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So are your genitals.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We've got coaches that embrace the redneck, wildass side of the fanbase

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

“I said it’s great to be a Tennessee Volunteer athletic director!” Danny White may 2022

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Highest winning percentage in all combined sports in the conference this year, and it isn't close

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And you see more cross sport support than I have seen. TV sideline in a ZZ jersey. Plavi in the fur coat at baseball then softball. It’s really hot right now

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So the other day I saw we won the SEC men's athletic title and all sports title. If this football hire is the right one, we may be entering a new time of UT dominance across the landscape.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, it seems like the corner is being turned. Right now. In this year. Rattle of 9 or 10 wins in the fall, and we are there because the recruits are coming.

15. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Fix the defense and anything is possible....

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m not ready to say it about football. I think we won’t be embarrassing but idk how good yet

ptclaus98, Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like Heup. He has a real opportunity here right now with all the NIL cash so hopefully he gets it done. We can fast track this rebuild like never before.

TDVol1989 and OneForVol like this.
  18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yup, show me some defense and prove that the offense isn't a one hit wonder and I'll hop on the bandwagon

zehr27 likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I worry about teams having us figured out a bit more now that they have a year of tape to watch on the offense. Though I guess his offense has been around for a while, so who knows? I'm just concerned we are being a bit overhyped.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel's offense has had a lot of success in the SEC before Tennessee hired him