POLITICS The January 6th Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by The Dooz, Jun 9, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So much to digest already, but my god:

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they don't have anything new, this seems like a miscalculation. It took too long, people for who this is politically inconvenient have rationalized it and rewritten the narrative to suit them.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Joseph Brant likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ah, yeah, well damn. Guess we should all just move on then. Nothing to see here anymore.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't heard anything about how to prevent it in the future. Correct me if I am wrong. New angles of assholes abusing police and being crazy isn't going to do or change anything. That's a fact.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not electing a dangerous narcissist sociopath, who is currently a front runner for the 2024 nomination, would be a start. Seems like there were, at least, a few new and relevant details revealed or some more dots connected with the testimonies and text messages. The problem will always be one large segment of the population either won’t care or won’t believe the major role Trump and other officials played in this event. Fox News not covering this is emblematic.

The Dooz likes this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A lot of people selling their Souls for Power and Money; Republicans, LIV Golfers. History will not judge them well.

The Dooz, NorrisAlan and gcbvol like this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I thought anyone else other than Liz Cheney legitimately cared about the truth I'd give this more concern. It's 99% political theatre, 1% concern.

MaconVol and SetVol13 like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, thus far this will not affect the likelihood of that. You're supporting my point.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many people don't read history, they read mythology and think it is history.

12. cpninja

cpninja Member

I only caught the first hour, but it was pretty damning. That DoJ hasnt(and likely wont) indict these people for their crimes will relegate this to political theater, but facts simply dont matter to 40%~ of this country so idk what you can even do to reach those people

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I will say that I expected it to be more theatric than it actually was. They did a pretty good job of keeping it simple and just laying out the facts uninterrupted for people to see. It won’t matter but it was still interesting to see.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't think of it as to affecting the 1/3 of the country that will never be convinced it is true. Do this for the 1/3 that is the swing voters.

And for historys sake

tvolsfan and gcbvol like this.
  15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems like a wild take especially with the golfers

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

issue is the swing voters don’t give a shit about it either.

MaconVol, zehr27 and IP like this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They don’t understand that trump is the dam not the river on this stuff.

the establishment on both sides is so out of touch and such a bubble they have no clue what or how real Americans think or want.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I saw Jan 6th make an impact on VolDad. I'm sure it did others as well. Whether this hearing makes a difference or not, I don't know.

tvolsfan, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How do you know?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw the testimony of Blasey Ford have an impact on VolDad, but then a tantrum by Kavanaugh eclipsed it.