Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

gimme your numbers on kids in Peru on prescribed antipsychotic or antidepressant drugs compared to US. We haven’t discussed weed in the US. I’ve talked about big pharma of which you have nothing.
    Gimme your % of kids on Peru on Xanax and other psych drugs which aren’t plants from the ground. You can’t because you have no clue.
    And you really believe internet bullying isn’t stronger in US than there? Ok. Whatever you want to tell yourself. I never said it was non existent. That’s what you added to try to support your stance, whatever it is.
    And you added political stability on your own. I mentioned fringes hating each other for being dem or rep, of which you have no comparison because you are in denial being part of the fringe which despises people based off how they vote. I wouldn’t expect a different answer.

I brought up several factors and you said they were all wrong. You blaming gun access on higher suicide rate in US than elsewhere is as simple minded and wrong as one could be

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shouldn't you be giving me numbers?

Why do you get to decide what drugs don't count? Do you know what iowasca is?

What, besides a broad proclamation, have you brought to this conversation? Am I to just accept your opinion even when there are glaring conflicts with reality? Get [uck fay]ing real. You pulled peru out but it doesn't fit. You want stats for a third world country when you haven't shared any for the US, and YOU brought up Peru.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also YOU brought up suicide, numb nuts. In a previous conversation, I was given grief for suicide by gun being included in gun deaths (as if IP and not some expert made that call). I never made a direct claim about guns and suicide rates, other than suicide by gun which i would hope is pretty obviously connected to guns.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can’t see him, but I bet smiff’s body language has been terrible this whole thread

Indy and SetVol13 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

No you don’t need to accept anything. I was discussing mental health as posters suggested mental health issues are the same everywhere, which I disagree with, and listed several US kids deal with. You obviously don’t agree and bring up a plant. Peru was just an example, as their suicide rate (mental health) is 170 in the world vs top 10 US. If mental health is the same here as everywhere else, what is your reason for such a lower rate? I assume guns, since my points about pharma, divorce, schooling pressure, internet access and bullying, etc were deemed dumb

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is just guns. May be a factor among many. I assure you, they are awash with drugs and have more vitriolic politics.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your points about those things were shots in the dark, but you expressed them as if they were unequivocally true. You also happened to choose a country I’m much more familiar with than you (In fact, in a pretty unusual coincidence, I’m typing this from that country right now.), so I can tell you with some certainty Peru’s not quite what you are expressing it as.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shit, poll some teenagers about suicide for us.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Probably don’t need to increase their mental health issues with some creepy whitey asking them about suicide

10. Ssmiff

I ask again for the 3rd or 4th time. Why is suicide rate there on opposite end of a spectrum than US. You and IP keep insisting I’m wrong, but can’t answer the question. I’d rather have an opinion than not have one

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. He could just distribute guns to each of them and then observe.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I’ve got a few nieces and nephews I can ask, perhaps. I’ll work on the creepy part.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you think a catholic third world country accurately counts suicides? I don't. For one.

14. Ssmiff

Opinions are allowed now? Convenient

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were you banned? Or do I not get to have an opinion on your opinion?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Has there ever been a police dept go into CYA mode as much as the Uvalade dept has?

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, because the complaints never get that far, they are shut down in the "investigation" or by the court.

But they all would, if it got that far.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There hasn't been one who has done such an incompetent job of it. LAPD is perpetually in CYA mode, for example. But they are decently skilled at it.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Somehow, this gets worse and worse and worse.