2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We can't talk a bunch of shit all year and then be surprised when good teams play extra sharp against us.

justingroves likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Tony said he doesn’t watch the College World Series so I don’t either.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I haven't watched a second of it. I'd probably get physically ill if I did.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it isn't the Vols, it is just baseball and then I don't care.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wonder about ratings vs UT regionals

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

7. CardinalVol

Only thing worth keeping up with for CWS is the Jello Shot Challenge.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Gonna be a bunch of single wides getting foreclosed on in Arkansas with all that money going to jello shots.

IP likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

I'm a bit disappointed in Auburn and A&M if you get right down to it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Inflation is hitting the jello shot economy hard.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I object to total shots consumed as a reasonable metric. Arkansas and Ole Miss are baseball obsessed and presumably have far more people there than some of the other schools. While it would be a greater administrative burden on the bar I believe shots per person is a more appropriate metric.

And if we really want integrity in our statistics it should be shots per pound of body weight. This should be a measure of willingness to get [uck fay]ed up in support of your team. Three thousand Arkansas fans that each weigh 300 pounds taking one shot apiece is neither impressive nor deserving of internet clout.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

7922 x $4.50 = $35,649. Pretty good profit margin.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, shots per unit of mass is the way to really see who is laying it on the line for their team. And by that metric, the one skinny dude from Stanford there is clearly a monster.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm impressed that the two ND fans that made the trip have put down 362 of them.

GoVols2003 and OneForVol like this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Never underestimate the power of a Catholic liver.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ole Piss-likely the 64th and final team included in the entire field-and Oklahoma are now in the driver's seat to play for the national championship just like everyone predicted a few weeks ago. College baseball post season often produces the most goofy outcomes, anything can happen in a back-to-back double elimination regional/best 2 of 3 SR format. D1 baseball arguably has the most parity of any college sport. One team hitting cold on the wrong day or the wrong inning, one error, or even one blown strike judgement call by an umpire can completely alter the outcome of a game. At least with basketball and football especially, you typically have to have the most talent to have a chance to begin with. Really the only sport where the 5th-9th place team in a major conference can squeak in and wind up getting hot for 3 weeks and end up winning it all. It's both beautiful and maddening at the same time.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Ole Miss always had the talent to win it all. Remember, they were the last team that was #1 in the polls before we took it from them in Oxford. They just waited until the literal last minute to finally put it all together.

justingroves likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

The bull ain't kidding around.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m pulling for Ole Miss. Had 3 hs teammates play there. One is still all time winningest pitcher I believe and Don Kessinger coached me and his sons when I was in 8th and 9th grade

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] off.