Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

was thinking about this. You have warning signs, police been to kids house, trash sites allowing his hate to fester, posts beforehand, FB message prior to the evil, guns and ridiculous ammo purchases, police see him outside the building anyway and still didn’t stop him, then don’t go in.
    Hard to fathom.

IP likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Set gun control aside.

An 18 year old buys an AR15 as soon as he can. Okay. Ammo? Sure. 7 magazines and a bullet proof vest? At 18 and with his first firearm? [uck fay]ing record scratch.

No range fees/membership, no club, no hunting plans... but 7 magazines and a vest right at 18? Come on, that needs to raise a flag.

Someone shooting for years and I wouldn't bat an eye. But who drops money on 7 mags at 18 with their first gun? That's what you deploy in Iraq with, not an 18 year old domestic starter kit...

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was talking about while it was happening.

Now it's been released THE DOOR WASN'T EVEN LOCKED!

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So they were just waiting. And waiting. For nothing. No one tried.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I am held by a gunman killing people in the room, put charges on the door, flash bang it, come in cowboy style. If I die in the crossfire, so be it. Don't let some madman play god any longer than you can.

VolDad and HCKevinSteele like this.
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So I can see how you would be more risk averse if a bank is held hostage with a bunch of adults inside. It's easier to let us die. But when its a school full of children I don't know how you just stand outside without ever going in for an hour.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I best most of those guys are all about letting "good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns" but they're afraid of an 18 year old. All the while pretending to friends and family their a local Seal Team 6.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're a chickenshit [ussy pay] that's how

9. Ssmiff

i know people say "you never know what you'd do", but if my son is in there, i'm going in, somehow, some way, whether i have a weapon or not. And honestly if my son is in there and gets his head blown off as a bunch of men did nothing, I'm afraid revenge would take over my brain. I'd be in jail for a long time or dead, more than likely. I don't know how as a parent you go on anyway, outside of having other kids to take care of.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How that police chief still has a job mystifies. The most shameful and cowardice moment of policing in American history.

11. Ssmiff

why did one man not say [uck fay] this and go in?

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s mind numbing. Moments literally like that are when men have to step up to the plate and actually be a man (or women for our female officers). For all the chest beating quirky jerky wanna be alpha type personalities that actually make up most police forces, being the guy that runs into an elementary school and takes out a bad guy slaughtering children should be something you dream of.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am someone who usually says you don't know what you would do. But in this case, I think the words of Meatloaf are right... "but I won't do that." I'm not standing around hold a rifle while kids bleed out.

zehr27 and Ssmiff like this.
  14. Ssmiff

agree. I was riding around with 2 of my buddies one day when we were on the run a little and an old church was burning down while kids on a field trip were there. We saved them all but my buddy Jonny didn’t make it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry to hear it, Ponyboy?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did we just slip into the outsiders?

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You cannot look good standing around outside with fatigues, combat harness, helmet, and M-4 strapped into the harness of you are dead inside doing your job.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's not an alpha wanna be badass, whatever, mentality that puts people through a door. It's leadership, plain and simple.

Either you have developed leadership, and leadership takes over, or you have a bunch of people looking to someone to make a call.

"Follow me" is all that needed to be said, by anyone. That group had no leadership.

Ssmiff and Poppa T like this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They have a ballistic shield and body armor against an untrained mentally unstable kid with no training that’s already opened fire on students.

I stand by my thoughts of decreasing the number of cops but increasing standards and training.

It’s too important of a job with a huge friction point between the the public and the state for having slap [Richards] in that position.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you're letting kids die while waiting to hear someone tell you what to do, you're a chickenshit [ussy pay].

VolDad and zehr27 like this.