Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You can be a chickenshit [ussy pay] and lead others to not be.

They actually aren't mutually exclusive.

If you tell others to follow you, and when they get to the door you tell them to go in--you're still a [ussy pay]. But you got the job done.

IP likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

“where’s Rommel?”
    And I’m def no alpha badass. I just can’t imagine doing nothing.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Because some police officers place their safety and life above all others. He has something in his hand; kill him and declare qualified immunity. He has nothing in his hand; kill and declare qualified immunity. He looks suspicious; kill him and declare qualified immunity. He did not bow to my will and respect my authority regardless if my command is legal or not; kill him and declare qualified immunity. etc.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You couldn't go in. Police were blocking, handcuffing, and threatening with arrest the parents.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blue lives matter

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The officers who restrained him and did nothing else are accomplices to murder

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never seen it

11. fl0at_

Yea, but when would you have? More than a few careers have been made by leading from behind.

But at least they led something.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never seen a leader, boss, foreman, any one in a position of authority be worth a damn if they aren't capable of doing what they ask of others

13. fl0at_

I don't think it translates. "Worth a damn" and "bare minimum" aren't the same.

And leadership and authority aren't the same.

I had Marines I wouldn't want to have any authority, but I could count on them to lead their squad to an objective. They wouldn't be the first in the door. But they'd get their squad to the door.

I had squad leaders and team leaders that were those Marines too.

The military, law enforcement, all that, has a chain of command. And you don't recruit exactly the number of leaders you need, and exactly the number of followers.

Typically, you're short leaders, and you make do.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

6 people dead and a couple of dozen injured in Highland Park at a parade.

Red, White, and Blue thoughts and prayers.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Far too much effort is put into figuring out the politics of mass shooters. I don't see how it is ever particularly relevant.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We want single point solutions in a problem that doesn't have one

IP likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I saw an interview with his Uncle, who he apparently lived with. The uncle says there were no signs. Yet...

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. — Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, the person of interest identified by police after Monday’s shooting in a Chicago suburb that killed six people and wounded 38 others, left a long trail of tributes to mass shootings and public killings on social media platforms, according to numerous profiles that appear to belong to him.

Crimo performed as a rapper who went by the name “Awake,” whose recent music videos included depictions of mass murder.

Crimo’s most recent video posted to YouTube showed him in the aftermath of a school shooting....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/highland-park-shooting-person-interest-002103309.html

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here is one that was stopped and the Mom makes excuses...

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot judge a mother too harshly. I don't know how I would react in that situation, seeing my son arrested.

That said, this should be treated the same or worse as if you were threatening to kill the President. It should be loud and public knowledge that if there is a documented threat, joking or not, you will suffer being arrested at the minimum.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are tributing a mass shooter, you need to be evaluated.

justingroves likes this.