POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I hope you are right. I fear you are not, and that this won't move the needle on enough voters.

This side was already chosen, long before the verdict.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Feel like I should update my voter registration to independent in protest. Republicans are a complete shit show right now. Best hope is when people have to lie in what they've sown they'll change their mind, unfortunately that's wishful thinking, which even if it comes to pass has a lot of collateral damage in the process.

VolDad likes this.
  3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'd give it maybe 30 years and then we might be able to start expanding civil rights again. Pretty much need everyone in elected/appointed office to die.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It goes back to the slave catcher days. Legally, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Taxpayers will pay for many state-sponsored litigations over the coming years in those states chasing their average citizens traveling out of state.

I suspect nothing will change for those with the money who can afford and seek such services.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm interested in what major corporations will do in restrictive states (other than Hobby Lobby).

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

OB/GYN residency programs are instantly screwed. I don't know they can stick with accreditation.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We're moving closer to a quasi theocratic state. Not certain it gets that far, but if it does that 30 year estimate is way too low.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

50 years ago, I would have never guessed we would be so regressive, selfish, hateful and running away from democracy.

I just did not see it.

VolDad likes this.
  10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think/hope most of that is older millennials and older? America's religiosity seems to be decreasing over time. However Washington attracts a certain type, so it will have to be a sea change.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There will always be old ass [uck fay]ing white dudes to replace the old ass [uck fay]ing white dudes.

Edit: meant to quote DK above me but works here too.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Sad, but probably true.

I never thought there would be so many dumb-azz old white dudes when I got old. I thought we would be better, but it appears it is worse.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think my parting advice to my grandsons/granddaughters ...

"Never underestimate the dumbassery of old white dudes in America."

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I, honestly, advocate for the position of Thomas Jefferson in that we rewrite the Constitution every generation. Right now, we've created a piece of paper which people think was handed down from Mt. Sinai and a bunch of "originalists" are trying to be soothsayers in interpreting what a collective group of pre-industrial age men would have intended on 21st century issues.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The seeds were planted when Nixon was not prosecuted

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Who'd have imagined that having people that actually believe some middle eastern guy Criss Angel'd across the Sea of Galilee and Bill Nye'd the [uck fay] out of some water make decisions for our country would ever go poorly?

VolDad likes this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I wish I could hear Hat’s thoughts on today.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I wonder if the leak ends up softening the shock and momentum of the overall reaction to today’s news. With our short attention span society, does this even move the needle come November? Historically speaking it’s just really hard for the incumbent party that won the previous Presidential election to retain a majority Congress. Will be interesting to monitor. Regardless of who ultimately wins both chambers of Congress this fall, I think everyone who bothers to show up to vote will be doing so in a piss and vinegar mood.

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m a terrible example of a citizen and have neglected my vote more often than not, but after this, I promise that’s not happening any more.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am hearing this a lot. We'll see. This day came from a sustained effort over decades. It will take that to turn it back.

NorrisAlan likes this.