Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like the team is going to take a step forward. Getting close.

hohenfelsvol and Volokie like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hooker to Tillman is going to be fun to watch and which running back emerges behind Small will be a good storyline too.

If Simmons stays healthy on defense, the entire defense gets a lot better. He controls the line of scrimmage. Banks is one of my favorites to watch in the last 15 years. The defensive backfield is a conglomeration of talented guys that haven't put it together, maybe the light bulb goes off

The defense isn't going to be very good but when the offense is scoring every other minute we'll see some teams lay down, much like Missouri and South Carolina did last year.

I'm interested to see if Kirby can stay at the top or if winning a championship takes the edge off his teams.

Napier at Florida appears to be a shitshow already

hohenfelsvol and Volokie like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the backfield shows some life, that defense starts to look very different when the opposition is under pressure to convert downs and score every possession. I guess it will be a bit like rolling a big log, where if Tennessee gets momentum it starts getting a lot easier within a game. A battle in the first half becoming a cruise in the second.

I have no idea what will happen with Smart. I do enjoy seeing Napier's shine come off so quickly. Good timing for Heupel if Florida botched this.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Concerned about cbs

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel seems to want to jump out quick and then watch the other team fold up. It's fun

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The hardest thing to do is keep your team hungry after winning a national championship. Fulmer couldn't do it, Jimbo couldn't, Urban ran after winning them, it's a hard thing to do. It's what makes Saban so unbelievably good.

The recent NIL spat on Twitter about Florida and "inexperienced millennials" made me happy

7. Ssmiff

I don’t think Ga will ever be as stacked as they were last year. Everything fell in place for them as well with the east being down and not having to play best teams in West. On D they just sent 5 or 6 to the backfield every play and overwhelmed panicked offenses while sitting on 5 and 10 yard routes. They also had a ton of players drafted

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Gator fans are nutjobs but the fact Napier felt he already needed to write an open letter to them before even coaching his first game can’t be a good sign for him.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have heard this about the last five gator coaches. My hopes about Napier are not that high.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They sucked but Tennessee had shittier coaches

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm ready! The team is probably still going to have those WTF moments but overall games will be fun to watch. Most importantly for me anyways, I actually feel we have a legit chance to win in every game we play. Does that mean I think we'll win'em all? Sure....why not? (smiley face)

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In this day and age it’s much more encouraging to think you’re going to be able to score some points. Defense may not be good but no defense is good enough when your best case scenario offensive output is 24 points

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

No Garuntano at QB, no sulky bammer dumb ass on the sideline and no Fulmer in the front office. Things are hugely better!

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS, PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

With this offense defense only needs to get a few stops and/or turnovers. Offense will take care of the rest.

15. Ssmiff

I’ve said this before but I can take an L if we are playing ball and I’m entertained. Wasn’t entertained for many years outside of a handful of games. We all had saturdays where we dreaded watching. I couldn’t wait for the next game last year and look forward to that feeling. Was a fun sports year as I had that feeling with football, basketball and baseball and expect the same again.

Volokie and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Over the past 20 years Year 2 is typically where elite coaches start to really show progress. Not concerned about the offense, but do have my doubts about the defense. Hopefully we see improvement on that side of the ball, but it's not a lock. We really need to beat Pittsburg this year and be undefeated heading into the Florida game.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and A-Smith like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Im not ready to go game by game with predictions but I truly feel that we will go off on LSU.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hope so. Myself and the college crew are having a reunion in Baton Rouge that weekend. Should be a fun trip. And not that it means anything at all, but historically we own Tiger Stadium.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Develop some pass rushers and you'll see some freakish blowouts

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The trend of blowing out every SEC East team not named UGA and Florida needs to continue.