Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Byron Young will take a huge step this year. Mark it down. He is a man among boys.

Memtownvol, IP and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Big concern for me as well. On the flip side we are going to have a really good DL so we can mask that weakness.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Still thin at LB. A season ending injury to someone like Banks would be devasting. Just score baby score.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I agree. There is so much potential to be tapped into with him.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'll believe it if we enter Bama week at 5-0. This team has way too many weaknesses for me to be confident about anything.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Entering Bama week 5-0 is going to require us winning two 60/40 games and a 50/50. Tall order, even if we do take a step forward.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Winning in Death Valley is never easy

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah but lose two of them and October can get ugly. Those three games are good matchups for us as all three have mediocre offenses and outside of LSU mediocre defenses. I'm just saying, they looked nice at times last year and we have some players but I need to see some scalps before I'm bought in on this program.

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I also want my scalps

[​IMG]

Volokie, NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We have an oddly strong winning percentage against LSU. Definitely one of the toughest places to play in college football though.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah and have won 2 of the last 3 in Baton Rouge, the one loss was the Dooley [uck fay] up

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I forgot that disaster happened there. That was such a kick in the [penis] loss.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You all have a issue with the 5-5-4 defense?

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure we lost 2 of the last 3 down there. Lost the Dooley game and the 2000 OT game. Won the 05 OT game. I don't think there was another game in Baton Rogue since 2000.

15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If our d can keep the opposing scores below 24 with Heuple’s offense I feel pretty optimistic.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not excited about five hour games, though.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tn day on Sec network. Sec bball championship in now

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the guys can jump out in front well enough early, they can burn clock later. It is when we go down or stay in a shootout that it gets crazy

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. We've lost 2 of 3 in Death Valley. Won in 05. Lost in 00 and 10. Should have won both.

2. We're going to have to win the 50/50 games if we're taking a step forward. Maybe 5-0 is too much to ask for going into Bama, but 4-1 isn't.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The one thing I like about us in this game is we know who our QB is and he is in year 2 of the system.

Volokie likes this.