MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Oregon State had a shift against DiChiarra and he hit it opposite field. I thought it was impossible to do that?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Albies broke his foot. Multiple Met fans shamelessly celebrating on Twitter.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

paul goldschmidt cooking with duck confit right now

4. InVolNerable

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Was watching. Disappointed he didn’t get it

6. JohnnyQuickkick

No one:

Major League Baseball:

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The natural evolution of buying pants with holes in them.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The increasingly absurd search for novelty.

Even if I somehow wanted that I am pretty sure I could do it myself

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Very strange

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Chris Sale approved.

emainvol likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hate to call a 1:10 first pitch game on a Thursday in late June that important of a game, but this one could be one of those division-deciders you look back on in September between Cards and Milwaukee today. Split has been accomplished but taking 3 of 4 on the road would be huge.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Freddie Freeman just fired his agent after spending the weekend in Atlanta.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Was easy to tell all weekend he had the realization that he should still be playing in ATL.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No one to blame but himself. Hope he enjoys LA.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he wanted to be a Brave, sign the contract

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Agreed. Freddy is the one in charge of his agents. If it mattered so much to remain a Brave then take the 6 year 140 million deal the Braves offered instead of the 6 year 160 million the Dodgers gave him. With CA's personal income tax, the difference seemed even more negligible in the long run. Just seemed like he was displaying some serious remorse this weekend.

As a Braves fan I wish he woulda finished out in ATL, but not gonna get too worked up over someone who has already banked 100 million and will make another 160 mill over the next 6 years being insecure with his situation. Besides, he anchored the Braves to a championship. As someone who grew up accustomed to heartbreak in October, that championship meant everything. If he had to leave, him catching the last out of the World Series being the ending page to his chapter with the Braves is a peaceful and satisfying conclusion. Will always be on the MT. Rushmore of favorite Braves in my lifetime.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  17. InVolNerable

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Freeman looks really stupid

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i dont' really buy it. i think he's one of these people who doesn't want to upset anyone.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have a hard time wrapping my head around a sports agent representing an A list client in any sport failing to pick up the phone and communicate every offer coming his client’s way. Something is weird about that story. Makes no sense