POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What? This directly affects everyone, and not just 'Mericans. Everyone.

And everyone that won't be born for another 100 years.

utvol0427 and SetVol13 like this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, the air that we breath doesn’t affect my life.

You’ve absolutely nailed it. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some tires I need to go burn in my coal plant.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my grandparents lived thru the Great Depression. My parents and my family have never let politics affect our lives. We adapt and move on. If people truly are worried about having children due to worry about their suffering, then please, don’t. For your sake and theirs.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

States should decide their own fates.

Except in this.

And this.

And this.

lumberjack4 and The Dooz like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Comparing climate change to the Great Depression. Wow.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy will have 3 kids.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Just one point - climate change is not political. It's real. People try to make it a political issue, but it's very real and the impacts are going to be increasingly severe.

I'm not saying folks shouldn't have children, but I fully understand why they'd be hesitant to do so with our current trajectory.

SetVol13 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you see where this is all going, over the horizon of your and my lifetimes. Me not having a kid makes your lineage not ending slightly more likely, and in the grand scheme of things you and I are the same anyway. I'm doing you and yours a solid. Me having kids the way we are going would be selfish and vanity, from some perspectives.

Just worrying about what affects you personally in the moment is what we are collectively doing right to our doom.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No person will live to see the beginning of the climate collapse and its end. No 5 generations will.

11. Ssmiff

my point was there’s always been something to worry about and those who don’t want to have kids due to their worry. If one truly doesnt think a kid will have air to breathe in a few decades and bringing a baby into a “suffering world” is a bad idea, by all means don’t have one or try to raise one and have a paranoid, afraid, bubble boy by age 3. I get it. I just can’t ever imagine myself having the same thought process. We have people who’s life has really never been truly affected by climate change or politics talking about suffering. And I’m saying give me a [uck fay]ing break. Jmo

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So I don't understand the EPA decision. Seems they have been granted the authority to worry about emissions. It's not like the FDA was pushing out those rules.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they take away authority of state courts over state redistricting, then this court has no legitimacy. The institution is being destroyed through rampant inconsistencies.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Martyr it up IP. Taking one for the team. I’ve been hearing about climate, world ending by fire, Russians nuking us etc since I was 5. Get busy livin or get busy dyin. People get consumed with things that are out of their control too often imo.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It doesn’t affect me so it can’t be real is some really good Clevon right there.

16. Ssmiff

Did it affect your trip with your family? Just think you coulda saved your boys from suffering had you not had kids.

17. Ssmiff

you’ve posted 20 links about these hearings. Everybody here knows how you are affected. By everything in the poli forum.
    And when did I say anything about something isn’t real?
    I’m truly glad your concern for the world is so vast you don’t want to bring kids into it. Good for you. Our resident Oprah

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

There's a balance, imo. We shouldn't live in constant fear, but we also can't ignore the reality. I mean, we have children literally begging us to take action on climate change. They understand the situation much better than most adults, but we ignore or belittle them. I understand your point about humanity making it through difficult periods, but climate is a legit existential threat. Maybe not today or in the next 50 years, but it's pretty much locked in at this point.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Re: gerrymandering in NC. It is crazy over here. The Republicans are pizzed they lost their super-majority status, the govenorship and their gerrymandering control. It appears SCOTUS is their out.

The day of rational, truthful conservative representation is limited (at least in NC).

20. Ssmiff

Yeah balance is good. Is not having kids in fear of their suffering considered balance or a tad heavy..