POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Higher temperatures than normal affected our trip.

Now, am I sorry I had children? Not in the least. But I worry greatly about their future, both existentially and economically. Will they be able to afford a house or even rent? Will they have a job? Will they have enough fresh water? Will wars that are going to inevitably spring up over fresh water around the globe pull my kids into them?

Yes, I have had times when I worry if we did the right thing having children. But I am glad we did and wouldn't undo it for the world. And I am an optimist, and I think we will get things right, but the fact remains we are driving our world into a big hurt and too many old [uck fay]ers in power are ignoring it or saying it is false, and it directly effects everyone, whether you believe it or not.

SetVol13 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not suiciding.

One of us has spent an extensive amount of time studying climate, past and future, at the highest professional level. The other isn't worried about it.

Sure, me and my kid would have some good times. Grand kids too. But brother, the good times will not last. We are [uck fay]ing over the future as surely as clubbing it like a baby seal

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think most "adults" understand the situation. They just choose to not make the hard choices to correct it. The "because I said so" is strong. It pizzes me off.

gcbvol likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m not even half the person Oprah is, but I appreciate the compliment nonetheless.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fair Norris and I worry daily about my kids. It’s part of being a good parent. So much is out of your control as well

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

being aware of something is different than being worried about it so much it affects your daily life and key life decsisions. Didn’t say I didn’t care and didn’t say it doesn’t exist. It either consumes and takes over or it doesn’t. If it’s inevitable, what does worrying do

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's only inevitable because we collectively aren't changing course. I can't shrug my shoulders at being a fat ass as inevitable while continuing to eat ice cream by the pint, with any credibility.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My POV only. I am optimistic with occasional bouts of frustrated pessimism.

"Obtaining instant results" is not the same as "Out of my control". I will continue to do the little things "in my control" to try and affect things defined as "out of my control", especially for the things that I think will make things better for my kids/grandkids/etc.

In my mind, my political leaning is Right vs Wrong. Sometimes it is labeled Liberal, sometimes Conservative. I have voted a split ticket most of my adult life.

I try not to give two shits what box others put me in to make me feel like I am stupid.

The two thing I took from my parents was:
    "Do what is Right" and "Never lie".

What Trump was/is doing was/is wrong. What SCOTUS as a body is doing is wrong. What many elected Republicans are doing is wrong. What Putin is doing is wrong. We (as a Nation) have bastardized what is Right/Wrong. Getting your way (aka, Winning) is not always right.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've game planned what would happen if my kid got drafted and had no desire to serve. I guess I'll have to show up and pretend to be him, and make a case that I'm an 18 year old who just went gray and wrinkly fast.

SetVol13, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Just ship the kid off to Canada.

11. fl0at_

Canada isn't Switzerland... sometimes they get involved too.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Switzerland it is then

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I fear we are in line for more of these over the next few years, especially with the Supreme Court saying they are taking the case regarding North Carolina gerrymandering.

By the way, this dude got 9% of the vote.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If all you got is 9%, just take the loss

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said stay tuned.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

17. fl0at_

Not sure the John boat can get it there. Most people fleeing places don't board planes, ya, know, due to the whole ID check stuff.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I prefer rock, paper, scissors...best of 7

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think incumbents should lose a tie