Track and Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

World Championships start today in Eugene. 20K racewalk on live now for all you aficionados. Tonight is the last race for Allyson Felix in the mixed 4x400 relay.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve been watching videos of Abbe from Kentucky. She has some weird arm stuff early on but damn she is picking them up and putting them down

3. Unimane

She's one of them I'm most curious about this week. Normally, coming off a long college season is difficult for the Worlds or Olympics, but she's performed very well this summer. She has the Jamaicans, though, to contend with, especially Elaine Thompson.

4. Unimane

USA pisses away a gold in the 4x400 mixed with some awful legs on the women's legs.

5. Unimane

Sooooo, the son of the UT track coach has been suspended from the Worlds due to a doping violation. Looks to be a wherabouts violation. Not a good look, especially when his dad, again, the UT track coach, has been suspended previously for use of performance enhancing drugs associated with the BALCO scandal.

6. Unimane

The American male sprinters look solid and all four, including former Vol Christian Coleman, qualify for the final. American women look a little shakier.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Nice stadium/facilities

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Its impressed with how Giddy held off Hassan in the Women's 10,000

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Good for Chase Ealey; World Shot Put Champion

10. Unimane

Headed to the headline event of the evening.

11. Unimane

Damn, what a race. USA sweep! What a close by Kerley.

VolDad likes this.
  12. Unimane

I think Coleman may have pissed away his chance at greatness by not bothering to show up for drug testing.

13. Unimane

Did not realize Randolph Ross was joining his dad at UT. Great news for our track team, but kind of deflating to see him have the testing issues at the worlds.

14. Unimane

Devon Allen getting DQ'd in the 110 hurdles for being .001 too fast on the reaction is utterly idiotic. I don't know why .1 is some magical threshold, but it ruined a potentially great race.

VolDad likes this.
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. Unimane

Kerley out of the 200 with, seemingly, a slight injury or something. Wonder if he will still be available for what should be a heavily favored 4x100 relay team for the US. Fortunately, we've got a shit ton of guys we could put in there. Hell, we could even throw in Christian Coleman if not Noah Lyles, if necessary.

17. Unimane

I am very much looking forward to the men's 200 final on Thursday night.

18. Unimane

Tough night for Norway. Their two superstars were beaten tonight. I'm shocked Warholm faded so much.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

When does Abbe run?

20. Unimane

Tomorrow night. I'm not too high on her chances. I think she's got too many races in her legs this year, a common issue for college track athletes, and this is her first time on the international stage. She didn't run particularly well in the semis and the Jamaicans are killing everyone in the sprints.