Track and Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

McLaughlin may be the greatest track athlete of this generation. She hasn't won the gold, yet, but she is as good an athlete on the track, comparatively, as I've ever seen. She, basically, cruised to a time which would've been a WR three years ago. I was skeptical of the chatter, but she really may break 51 seconds one of these days.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She looked like she was out for a leisurely jog and nobody finished near her.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have a crush in on her

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Have you seen her husband? Good gosh they are a beautiful couple.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why? Because they are both athletic, symmetrical, chisel jawed and have beautiful bronze skin and wonderful hair?

Pssh!

6. Unimane

Damn, those were two amazing 200m finals. American sweep for the men and Lyles only has Usain Bolt ahead of his time tonight.

7. Unimane

American men sweep the 100m and 200m dashes. We are in the golden age of American sprinting. I think Knighton gets Bolt's record by the time we get to Paris 2024.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Isn’t Yohan Blake ahead as well?

That race wasn’t even close.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  9. Unimane

You're right. I forgot about Blake, who is has made a bit of a comeback even if he'll never be what he was about 8-10 years ago.

Lyles ran that curve magnificently, which had been his biggest weakness previously. Once he killed it there, his finish is second to none and no one caught him. Knighton, though, is just 18 and ahead of where Bolt was at the same age. We'll see if the mental part is there, but he'll get stronger and better technically and this is after he's already run a 19.49 this year.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lyles broke Michael Johnson's American record for the 200. 3rd fastest time ever.

And Knighton is the youngest male sprinter to medal in the Worlds ever.

11. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

A sweep with 6 different individuals no less.

12. Unimane

Surely in 2022 we can do better than high school name bibs attached to uniforms with safety pins for the world championships.

13. Unimane

She is a [uck fay]ing goddess.

A.

[uck fay]ing.

Goddess.

14. Unimane

McGlaughlin is the greatest track athlete of our generation. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it is what she just did.

15. Unimane

Death, taxes, and the US men [uck fay]ing up handoffs in the 4x100. I saw they were shitty yesterday and they were similarly bad tonight. I don't know why we swept the 100m and 200m events with six different guys and the guy running the third leg wasn't any one of those six.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That was good. I was pleasantly surprised that Steiner held her own.

17. Unimane

I'm going to count Mondo Duplantis, who was born, raised, graduated high school, and went to college in Louisiana, plus only speaks broken Swedish, as an American, as well. So, another gold and World Record for the USA!

All in all, a great world championships for the US in performances and production. Except for you, men's 4x100. Someday, get your shit together, guys.

18. Unimane

Harrison Williams wins the national title in the decathlon to qualify for the World Championships. Williams is from Memphis (University School) and is probably the greatest athlete I've seen in the TSSAA state meet in almost 15 years of going to Murfreesboro. Really happy for him because he's had some rotten luck the last few years after showing promise of being the premier American decathlete as a 17-20 year old.

InVolNerable likes this.
  19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My cousin’s two sons ran in the AAU Junior Olympics 4x100 Championships today. Finished 6th. Not quite what they were hoping for but it was a great track year for them. They’ll start their senior years later this month.

They run in 6A track in Texas.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Unimane

6A track in Texas is no joke and 6th at nationals is pretty solid.