POLITICS The January 6th Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by The Dooz, Jun 9, 2022.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When he did not like Ivanka's testimony he claimed that she had check out by January 6th. Yet she was heard on video helping him with his speech the day after.

He will always have some who worship him. I hope the majority have finally seen through his bull shit.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I hope so as well, but fear it will not shift the needle. His base is quite cultish and many see him as a messianic figure. Extremely difficult to break through.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

At least we can put the “Joe Biden can’t read off a teleprompter” narrative to bed.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know full well that this isn't how it works.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

For some, the ends will always justify the means. If they see anyone not of their ilk or mind to be ontologically evil, then it is "good" to be "bad" in the work of "good."

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

At this time I do not see any Democratic challengers. I hear names like Pence, DeSantis, and Haley from the Republican side with some rumbling of Cheney.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Democrats have no identity anymore aside from not being conservatives, marxists, or anarchists. They need to stake out what their values are.

tvolsfan and _Crew_ like this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I just hope Dems put someone up next time who can actually resonate with Americans. Hard to communicate values to an entire country when your party figure head can barely even communicate with himself anymore. The Presidency requires one to be a “storyteller”, and Joe just can’t sell the story of his administration and America like a president needs to. And call me a biased hack, but Kamala has not exactly inspired confidence that she is ready- or ever will be ready-for the Oval Office. Between the avalanche of Palinesque word salad gibberish, the nervous tick where she actually cackles like a witch, and her constantly using literal baby talk when attempting to hammer home a point, she just doesn’t have “it” imo.

Maybe next time Dems should go with a random celebrity outsider of their own who could captivate the political arena like Judge Judy. Especially since the DNC is in the post Super Delegate era and can no longer essentially select their nominee before the voting even begins.

With that said if I’m forced to throw a $100 dollar futures bet on the 24 Dem nomination I’m placing my wager with Mayor Pete.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're 100% right

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they’re going to have to get out of their echo chamber and stop being the party of white liberal elites playing SJW with identity politics

I don’t think the love for Trump is for him but sending a message and a middle finger to those running things and he’s just the dam catching that

HCKevinSteele, tvolsfan and A-Smith like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This is Van Jones reacting to the Texas Congressional special election a few weeks ago where a latino women flipped a latino majority Dem district Republican. Essentially he worries that the messaging of the Left currently only appeals to "teacher faculty rooms and corporate HR departments". He worries the Left is too insulated within their own bubbles and groupthink to pierce through their message to voters. Typically I find Van's retrospective takes on the state of "his side" to be interesting. I do think there is truth to what he is saying in general with how most average Americans do not relate to the modern Left's way of communicating ideas to the American public.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    tvolsfan likes this.
  13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It’s hard to admit you were completely duped by someone as deranged as Trump. More comforting to look for rationalizations that don’t make you feel silly.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Even young liberals don’t talk this way in real life. Democrats are distracted by a bunch of social media loudmouths who are far more concerned with attention than progress.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Use of ‘Filipinx’ term in tweet by San Diego Comic-Con criticized online

(Responses show disdain)

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't understand why people do this stuff. As an anglx and francx and irisx Scotx Americax...

HCKevinSteele and tvolsfan like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When are we supposed to stop using Human in favor of Humx.

- VolDax

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they're stupid

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]
    "So...everyone is appropriating my name."

ole_orange, tvolsfan, Indy and 3 others like this.