2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Charlie Taylor can play the postion defensively as good as anybody in the SEC. He was a really good hitter in high school (he went to the same school as Andrew Jones’s kid) too, so not sure why it hasn’t worked out at the plate for him so far.

But he’s a hard working kid, one of the hardest, so I really hope it turns around for him.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He may just need ABs. Hard to play sparingly and get in rhythm at the plate and gain confidence.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sucks about the Peay kid. You'd think there would be a catcher or two that wants to catch for multiple future first round arms. I think CT is ok defensively, just don't trust his bat long term. Of course in general as long as your catcher has a lock on managing his pitchers and isn't a defensive liability, you can live with a catcher being your worst hitter in the lineup. CT is still young though, I'm just not convinced based on what we saw offensively from him last year he is ever going to be a type that can hit in the 8 spot giving you at least 10+ HRs while hitting over .250. Our last two catchers spoiled us with their offensive production.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Still though, outside of both Crawford and Alexander, it looks like we overcame the draft this year better than some. Our HS recruits remain in tact. Vanderbilt had their entire incoming class pillaged by the MLB draft. Seemed like they lost 3 or 4 HS baseball commits in the first round alone.

I am looking forward to the Alabama 3B transfer Zane Denton who is originally from the Nashville area. I think he will flourish next year playing in our hitter friendly ball park, especially after works within our hitting program all offseason with coaches who know what they are doing. That coach at Alabama him and all the other good players at Bama are leaving is a huge clown. Plus he was the best fielding defensive 3rd baseman in the SEC last year statistically.

Denton, Maui, Ortega (maybe), and Burke would be an incredible infield

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Wow 2 years in a row got screwed there.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Seth Stephenson signed with the Tigers today, so that’s the whole starting outfield.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think all our guys who were selected will end up signing.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Beat out Arkansas for that kid. Vitello and Van Horn might actually throw hands next time we play them.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We could sell PPV for that that would make Vince McMahon blush.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Was the 2022 AAC player of the year. Gonna fill one of those outfield roles quite nicely.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

More good news.

Poppa T and OneForVol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Apparently, he suffered a forearm injury.

15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member