Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He has games in Austin and Houston next month. Did no one tell him about America in July and August?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

To be fair he’s not used to playing in July and August because the league he’s played his whole career in uses a not dumb calendar.

it’s pretty damn hot in Italy too in July and august but I doubt the humidity is the same

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

He’s a [ussy pay].

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty hot a lot of places right now.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

6. JohnnyQuickkick

His juventino ass can eat shit but he’s anything but this

7. OneForVol

Complaining about the heat = [ussy pay]

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Ok, i guess we all are then

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm a big one, then. I hate the [uck fay]ing heat.

10. OneForVol

Hating the heat and being a professional athlete and publicly [itch bay]ing about the heat are two different things.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The heat is srs business y’all!

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*chefs kiss

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh my lord.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oi oi oi

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Probably gonna sue MLS now

lumberjack4 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't understand the sentiment here. Not having a women's league while England, Germany, et al are starting to support their women's teams and develop their players means that the USWNT will likely never win any significant trophy ever again.

The Dooz likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

It's not that I don't want a women's league. I just think it's hilarious this might happen after the USWNT has thrown such a hissy hit about pay and the token people kept telling us that this league was the next big thing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't understand how one could attach something they value to a crypto company.

Women's professional leagues need the support of more women. That can be taken as an inflammatory statement, but they are over half the population. That these things struggle in the US to find an audience is not just a misogyny thing. I guarantee I watch more women's soccer matches in a year (2?) than 95% of adult women. The product is fine.

My wife gets up in arms about protecting women's athletics, but does not watch or engage with any whatsoever. I pay more attention than she does, and I have no deep interest at all. What gives with that?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I guess I just don’t care

20. CardinalVol

Outside of softball and the occasional tennis match or random golf tournament, I am just not going to watch women's sports. Not because I hate women, but because I find it incredibly boring. And you are correct. If women want these leagues to flourish, then they are going to have to pay more attention to it. And if they don't find it interesting, doesn't that tell you all you need to know?