Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nothing like boos at a 7 yr old football game. Merica

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Have it out with the other coach, but no need in taking it out on his kids.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wouldn't. I'd probably have put starters back in a lot sooner if it wasn't just a Jamboree today though.

Mt main guys showed up to play though. I was pleasantly surprised.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like you have them ready man.

5. CardinalVol

I did see another team run the weirdest offensive set consistently I've ever seen today. They ran a unbalanced line to one aide and then basically an offset power I to the weak side where FB and TB were behind the weak side guard. It was one of the oddest things I've ever seen on a football field.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Card going full Softball Griff.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Honestly that’s a pretty nasty formation with the offset fullback but I don’t get having the tailback behind the guard.

8. Ssmiff

Sounds like an urban Meyer formation he would run against us for 50 plays without us stopping it

9. CardinalVol

I've seen what you are referencing. Makes total sense and can cause all kinds of confusion. The TB is what threw me off.

10. CardinalVol

Banned.

11. CardinalVol

Watched video of the game today. First play of the game, our left tackle pancakes a kid, helps him up, then starts blocking him again. I got a great laugh out of that one.

12. CardinalVol

Beat the shoes off a knoxville team yesterday. Was 37 to 0 at the half. Ended up 43 to 20.

When your #3 running back breaks off a 50 yarder for a score, it's a good day.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Saw where coaches and parents at a 9 yr old football game got into it and brother of NFL player Talib shot another coach. Baseball parents and coaches used to be the worst but in many of these youth football leagues, it’s a mess. Not yours Card, but all this talking shit and 7 v 7 YouTube stuff with players mobbing another player over a catch or stop has made it worse.

14. CardinalVol

It's awful. There's a reason I won't take my team to play in their fundraisers and it has nothing to do with on the field.

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My 8 year old is playing up in fall ball so he can see kid pitch before spring ball.

He told his coach he's a centerfielder because he's fast and can catch "probably the best out of everybody". The ages are 9 to 12.

The coach laughed and told everyone "here's your starting centerfielder". He's caught everything so far in practice

droski and CardinalVol like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's only a handful of 11 and 12 year olds in the entire league, the majority are 9 and 10

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's hitting kid pitch better than coach pitch

18. CardinalVol

I love your kid's attitude. Better get used to a life of inside fastballs, but I love it.

justingroves likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He doesn't lack confidence and he's going to flirt with your sister and mom before and after games

He was really good in flag football but all of his buddies are playing baseball

20. CardinalVol

Son's team plays it's first league game tonight. Play a team that's a restart of a program that folded 2 years ago. The team they beat 35-0 in jamboree last weekend has already beaten this team 47-0. This could get very, very ugly.