OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I actually really like it. Because then I get about 3 hours to myself on the weekends no questions asked. I just throw on a cooling towel, fill up the cooler, and I'm good to go. I'd be done in like 30 minutes with the riding mower, and I don't want to be done that quickly.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Just sat through an artillery barrage here. Not a drop of rain but the old dog that normally doesn't mind it even worked her way under the garage racking

3. Joseph Brant

I sing along to whatever's on Spotify and talk to myself and it's not HORRIBLE, but I could also be out running the puppy in the woods or exploring the world, or hunting flea markets for Civil War buttons

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always mowed my yard as I enjoyed it because it gave me some alone time to listen to a ballgame/music/podcast. Last year, after my son was born and spent time in NICU, I found a guy that would mow once a week for $40. I used him again this summer because it's worth every penny to not have to worry about finding time to mow and getting home every Wednesday to a yard that's already done

I don't know that I'll ever mow again.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I landscaped during summers from age 15-18 which mainly involved push mowing at hotels. I hoped to never touch a mower again and haven’t. I live on a slanted lot so it’s be a mess if I tried

justingroves likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There is a homeless guy in my neighborhood who mows my yard for $20. I asked him one time if he'd do it and offered him $25, then he said "Yeah, I'll do it for $20", which showed me why he was homeless. So, I pay him $20 and usually give him some food to eat. I weed eat and it's all done. Ah, the life in a not-quite-gentrified area is fascinating.

7. Joseph Brant

We don't have homeless here
    Exploiting cheap labor, isn't it?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he has less than a quarter of an acre lot, then that is more than minimum wage by a wide margin.

9. Joseph Brant

Just giving shit, but most people won't drop the ramp on the trailer for $75.
    Of course doesn't apply where I live, for meth reasona

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be fair, Unimane is supplying the mower and fuel on site.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, it's electric. But, the yard is in the city. It can be mowed in less than an hour.

12. Joseph Brant

Just joshing mostly, good on you for getting a bargain and quality service while helping someone.

Anyone looking for per diem around here makes the dogs growl.

Unimane likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Find you a homeless woman and you could pay her $14

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What about a walk behind?

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, not worth the extra expense for the size of my yard. It’s the perfect storm of just small enough and just enough of a pain in the ass.

Every year I say I’m going to pay somebody and then I get out there in March and April and it’s not so bad, and by now when it’s sucks and I don’t want to do it anymore, it’s easier to just finish the season out instead of finding somebody reliable for 2 months. [uck fay] it all to hell, honestly.

justingroves likes this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Push mowed yards when I was a kid for $10 and provided mower and gas. It was easier than hauling hay. Mowing our yard for free was expected.

As an adult, when I got my 1st riding mower, I thought "You have arrived."

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still enjoy mowing the yard. I hate weed eating, but mowing is great me time.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I only have half an acre and push it, no self propelled nonsense. Gets me good exercise and only takes about 1.5 hours to mow and edge

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Another push mower here. Summer is fun trying to find the right window after and before next rain. Grab my wide brim bucket hat, put on audible and go. I like the exercise.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We have a little over 4 acres. Guess I have about ~2 acres of well manicured weeds that I cut on my riding mower. Shit growing that I doubt the NC Ag extension knows what it is.

Son brought over his zero-turn one time and "Dad, you can cut your yard in half the time." It had these control thingys that were small as a fishing rods. Reluctantly, I tried it. I am sure, I looked like a Benny Hill intro.

I get on my John Deere and don't give a shit if it takes me 4 hours. I know how to lean on the edge of the seat on the hills to balance it.