POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Covid relief $$ - we will [itch bay] if you don't give it to us and by the way, we will [itch bay] after you give it to us. Cause our teams/talking heads say we should.

Jmo, if folks had approached PUBLIC health relative to covid the way my parents approached PUBLIC health relative to polio/small pox, the impact might have been mitigated to a better extent. (Mitigate does not mean disappear.)

IP likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

you’re playing word games.

Biden isn’t a budget hawk.

Biden wanted massive more spending bills that got blocked by manchin and sinema. They just got together and worked out a deal so that will increase the deficit.

the cut to the national debt was already baked in no matter who the president was due to it being Covid spending rolling off the books.

Biden added spending projects that actually lowered the amounts that would have came off the national debt by spending more with his Covid relief package that was a disaster.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

this is not accurate.

It’s global because basically every central bank around the world printed trillions to inject into the market.

that money had to go some where to assets and goods inflated.

what you stated above is a layer on the inflation but not the cause

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The COVID relief wound up being blank checks to business owners and 600 bucks to the people that needed it

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It couldn't possibly be due to the imbalance in supply and demand from the logistical shockwaves of lockdowns... It must be everyone printed money all at once.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are. I never said Biden is a budget hawk. I said the budget went down. That people are reacting as they are now but didn't in years prior is pure teams. If the concern was deficits, that rhetoric would have been used when the corporate tax rate was cut. If it were about taxes, it would have been raised when the taxes on the middle class were raised (deferred until after the election).

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve said multiple times that artificial supply(the printing of money) and the reduction in production (Covid and break down of centralization global supply chains).

you wouldn’t have got the inflation without the money printing.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's you and I are each nations. Neither of us print money. You export food to me and I export tractor parts to you. During COVID, my factories are unable to operate a normal capacity. Supplies are reduced below your demand. Your farmers/companies are competing for a finite amount of tractor parts. Those who get them produce as normal, those who don't, do not. Are they not going to be bidding against each other? Will the cost of a tractor part not go up? Your farmers/companies who didn't get the part they need don't produce as much food. Total supply goes down, but my demand remains the same. Will my nation not now be paying more for food? And will it not take at least a year if not a few for this single one dimensi0nal economy to self-regulate and correct without further major events, just due to the limits of a growing season and now the food scarcity affecting my labor market?

Now let's say Russia invades you.

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Not surprising really. For obvious reasons you can’t say it out loud but presumably this same thing is occurring all the time and everywhere with China. I went to grad school and have worked with tons of folks from China. Can’t help but wonder how many have been pressured to funnel info back home.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get the impression that they have to submit reports, which can prompt follow-up questions/information requests

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can’t get over pelosi. Just saw her say China is a great democracy and one of the freest societies in the world.
    Uh..

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tongue slip. She just defied China as they threatened to shoot her down, so safe to say she meant Taiwan.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, you read the transcripts and they were jumping back and forth from Taiwan to China back to Taiwan a lot and she accidentally called president of Taiwan a bully and quickly changed it to China.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can buy that. I can also buy if I misspoke as much as has been happening with her and Biden I’d be repeatedly unemployed.
    Still can’t believe Biden told the world they wouldn’t get covid if they got vaxxed.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you and I had mic recording everything we said 24 hours a day, we would be far worse than our politicians who are trained to do this stuff.

I would be a wreck and people would think I was stupid and crazy.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't Biden say he had cancer the other day?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ehhh, I don't buy this. I also don't think they have microphones recording everything they say 24 hours a day.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Past tense, skin cancer was removed at some point in the past. Not well phrased but in context it was more clear than the clip.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Man I work around people that are wrong every time they open their mouth. I wish they were unemployed.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Review any game thread on this forum and you'll find at least half the people of this board contradict themselves. Repeatedly. Within a mere 3 hours (5 if we're playing Ole Miss). People pretending they never make mistakes or change their minds are lying to themselves.