POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to have to see it. Intellectually I see it the way you and Card do, but this is Teflon Don.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Popehat is a national treasure.

CardinalVol and HCKevinSteele like this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol. That is all I got.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine, at some point his whole family is going to come crashing down. They just feel like a giant ponzi scheme incarnate.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If I can vote one into prison it’s probably Jared Kushner.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I always got the sense they would once Teflon Don kicked the bucket and no one gave a shit about the offspring anymore.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. Unimane

I made the mistake of checking out the other board's political forum to see how this went over with them. Even knowing the probable response, holy shit. There are some certifiably insane, or massively idiotic, folks there. A lot of thinking Biden ordered this and civil war talk. All for one guy. I don't even know how to rationally explain how incredibly unlikely a president gets involved in this type of investigation.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They think weaponizing political office is good and just when their side does it to punish their enemies, but its a grave threat to democracy when they think the other side is doing it.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well the FBI better have their ducks in a row. They're going to tear the country apart if they don't.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I can't help but recall the FBI [uck fay]ing up and making an announcement 10 days before an election about a candidate over what turned out to be nothing new at all. So they do [uck fay] up.

Unimane likes this.
  11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Isnt this just as simple as Trump took a lot of stuff back to Florida with him in boxes that he shouldn’t have - or if he could have them they weren’t properly stored? Sounded like it was just relayed to the National Archives handling of classified info issue.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems possible that is all this is.

justingroves likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Don’t ex-President’s retain executive privilege on classified information?

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That’s a lot to ask of the Bureau. FBI has been a corrupt shit show of an institution since the days of spying on MLKjr. We are lucky if the FBI even follows up on credible tips of a future mass shooter. Botching investigations is kinda their brand

15. Unimane

No, he is required by law to give all records to the National Archives (thank Nixon for this law). Ex-presidents traditionally get some classified briefings, but that's at the nominal discretion of the current president. Of course, for the most part, ex-presidents are more interested in chilling at their house or making bank giving speeches or writing books. But, they aren't allowed to take any material with them and definitely can't destroy records.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Unimane

My, lightly informed, position on what I believe will happen is this. He took shit he wasn't supposed to take. The FBI and AG are in a difficult spot, so they go and collect the shit he shouldn't have, then nothing else happens because of the political repercussions of penalizing him in some way. He won't even have to pay a fine.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have to admit it would be funny if Trump got locked up for what he accused Hitlary of.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It will be similar to the Clinton deal. Sad thing is it will actually boost his presidential campaign.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Many pundits think if that is all it is then it is a great over-reach. They feel that it has got to be more.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What does over-reach mean anymore? If it is over-reach to simply enforce the law, what does that mean about the law and the man? So even if it is a matter of record recovery, how would that be over-reach if he did have records?