POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is saying they are declassified. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he didn't fully understand that term.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And why have them at all? He has been told since he got into office they don't belong to him, but to the Presidency and the Archives.

By law.

He is a grade A moron.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, but law some things remain classified. Don't know if those things are among what was retrieved

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not great that everything plays out in real time through social media these days. I'd rather just see where this goes. If there are no charges associated with this, it is all much ado about nothing. If there are, then Trump deserves his day in court. There are some viable defenses available depending on the details. He isn't an innocent lamb but I would be hasty to assume he was selling nuclear secrets to the Saudis based on innuendo and circumstance. I suppose it is possible he just wanted to hang on to things he is not entitled to hang on to, and they may or may not have been classified. I don't think this is politically motivated or initiated. I don't think Democrat politicians knew this was going down at all.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Anyone want to bet Trump does not get in any trouble for this?

TennTradition likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell no. Dude is a duck as trouble is water.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You'd have to give me insane odds. I think he's uniquely powerful because of how beholden so many are to him. As he said, he could shoot a person in broad daylight in the middle of the street and it wouldn't matter.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think it's just him but any well known top level politician. Us civilians just get [uck fay]ed

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He already had to return 15 boxes of stuff to the National Archives he was not supposed to take earlier this year, IIRC.

The fact that he kept all this other stuff, even after being subpoenaed and it was classified TS is beyond the pale. He might be "ignorant" but he is not "stupid" when it comes to breaking the law.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just think he knows he is in a club now that is above the law.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may be right. He may just be more brazen than any others who are.

Poppa T and zehr27 like this.
  12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Y’all ever heard that quote about if you want to spread a religion, kill the leader? Can’t remember where it’s from, but this feels like a lose-lose for the country no matter what happens.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are right, in that his legacy will be long.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

One of the documents apparently had something to do with Stone's pardon.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

And so that would merely be a records violation because that isn't going to be classified. He could have gone through a process to have a certified copy of that, and apparently just did not. If it were just about Stone's pardon, Biden should just pardon him and we all move on. But I don't think it is just about that.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Trump selling nuke secrets to the Russians or whoever…come on people. That’s a bit too much for even the craziest sheep

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

At least he believes he is. The "above the law" club as gotten more brazen each year that I have been alive. It is frustrating for an old man who thought things would get better. I just keep hoping you youngsters can fix the shit we [uck fay]ed up.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He was gonna frame it and give it to Stone for his birthday.

I heard that a condition of the pardon was Stone was gonna get tattoo of Trump's face on his chest. To go along with Nixon on his back.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I honestly could see Stone doing that. He is such a weirdo.

NorrisAlan likes this.