The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...tful-wrongful-detention-claim-brittney-griner

Did Brittney Griner break the law in Russia? Is she facing a sentence that is the same as any Russian citizen would face for breaking the same law?

If the answers to both questions are yes, then what leg are we standing on here? The sentence seems absurd for the crime, based on our laws here, but if that's how things are in Russia, why should Griner get a pass?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The 8th is near the top of the Amendment Power Rankings imo

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The Bill of Rights rocks

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...deal-russia-release-wnba-star-brittney-griner

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw on Twitter that the Lakers offered THT, Russ, and a 2027 first round pick to Russia for Griner. Russia obviously declined.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bron signed his extension. I wonder if this is the last obstacle to going all in to get Kyrie. I kind of figured the Lakers might be concerned about trading their future away to get Kyrie when LeBron could leave after next season. At the same time, I figured LeBron was likely hesitant to sign away his final years of being a top 5 player without some sort of guarantee they'd pursue a championship team around him.

I guess we will see what they do. I'm also a little surprised he didn't take less money to give the Lakers more $$$ to play with in signing role players. Still, it might be for the best, as if he did that, people would inevitably hold it against him despite lauding other players (Steph, Brady, etc.) for doing the exact same thing.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also sets up the potential for craziest offseason / draft in NBA history the year Bronny enters the draft.

9. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

When did steph take a pay cut? KD did to stay there the last two years if that’s what you’re talking about.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess it wasn't technically "taking a pay cut," but Steph Curry wasn't making anywhere near what he was worth during his back to back MVP years and their 1st and 2nd championships.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Because he was still on his rookie extension. He signed the max 5/200M the year after that ran out, which was after his second MVP season. He could be lauded for playing through a contract he had outperformed up to that point without holding out, but he never took a cut.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Fair. So remove Curry. People have taken cuts.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

KD staying in Brooklyn. Probably makes the most sense for all involved.

But didn't he just recently call for the owner to fire the GM and head coach? Seems... uncomfortable...

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dwyane Wade went over his water allotment by 489,000 gallons in May

What

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How many pools did he have installed in May?

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yes

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's got to be a water leak somewhere. It's crazy how fast it adds up if you've got a leak under a concrete slab that isn't noticeable immediately

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You certainly know more than me but I saw a tweet the other day that Kim Kardashian and (I think) Sylvester Stallone wants hundreds of thousands of gallons over. Wouldn’t think three is a coincidence, maybe these folks are into some water intensive rich people shit we aren’t even aware of.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Keeping a lush jungle forest and lawn going in the middle of the [uck fay]ing desert.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't see that it was common among them. They may just be assholes