COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I started with a sore throat on Tuesday and Thursday and it got worse from there.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

it is but it’s already changed a lot from the 1st variant that the omicron vaccine is based on That’s why you’re already seeing people infected with the first omicron variant being infected by BA.5 again.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Almost everyone I know who is testing positive right now has never had. I would say it’s 90% to 10% new infections to reinfections.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Personally, I am against COVID.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I just listen to whatever Dr. Clay Travis tells me. He is on top of it all.

justingroves likes this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I prefer Dr. Jason Zachary and Dr. Glenn Jacobs. Much much smarter.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just don't understand why people don't test again to make sure they are not still positive. It's not like it's a huge hassle.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel pretty ok for a while and then pretty rough for a while, rinse repeat. Every time I sneeze it’s like somebody raking my throat with a meat fork though

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Coworker of mine continued to test positive well after symptoms abated so idk what to do about it

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My 88 yr old mom has covid. Barely leaves the house. Been vaxxed and boosted. Left house last week for regular dr appt, wore a mask. Only time she’s been out. Tested positive for strep too. Must’ve been a nasty office.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I liked the protocol our family doc office instituted during covid and have kept it.
    No more sitting in waiting room with sickness, listening to people cough, sneeze, etc.

They give you phone # that is answered immediately. You call when you are in parking lot. You get to sit in your comfortable car. They call when they are ready for you. You walk in door. They are waiting for you. Take you right back to room. Since they implemented, the wait seems shorter before you see the doc. And you leave.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Turns out there could be a connection between the Covid vaccine and psoriasis flare ups. Got my third dose in late December of 2021, and by April of 2022, I was at the doctor asking why the [uck fay] I had so much dandruff (it had been going on for a while before I finally went to the doctor).

Not saying they are for sure connected, but as a guy who is literally almost never sick and never had any sort of health issue like this until being diagnosed with Psoriasis, I can't help but wonder.

I don't want to make it sound like it's the end of the world or life threatening or anything, but it is 100% a daily nuisance. If the scalp gets bad enough, it takes 2ish hours before I look like I've been out in a snow storm. I also get a little tired of the corners of my eyes cracking. I'm also halfway convinced I've got it on the inside of my eyelids because my eyes hurt/feel tired every single time I wake up, regardless of whether I get 6 hours of sleep or 10.

Aside from that, everything else is just itching in a lot of different places, which is whatever.

That said, if you could go back in time and tell me that not taking the vaccine would lead to no psoriasis flare up, I would, without a doubt, 100% not take the vaccine.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you basing this on more than yourself and a guy you know, or is there some sort of study?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I developed that stuff too, out of nowhere. Long before COVID. It tends to develop between 30 and 50, so you not having it before is not in itself meaningful.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure what made me think, "are these two things connected," but something triggered that thought this morning. I think it was when I was listening to the What's Wright with Nick Wright podcast, and he was talking about Aaron Rodgers's vaccine shenanigans and his recent appearance on Rogan.

So I just googled "Can the Covid vaccine cause psoriasis," and the very top of the search said in bold "COVID-19 vaccination may be a triggering factor for psoriasis, as suggested by the short time intervals between vaccination and psoriasis exacerbation, which is supported by this and previous reports." And then there are a lot of different links talking about it. Like, a ton of what look like reputable websites.

I haven't read much of any of them because it doesn't really matter. I can't untake the vaccine, and I can't un-psoriasis myself. So whether or not there's a connection doesn't really change anything for me.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exacerbating an autoimmune condition is not the same as "giving you psoriasis." A quick search indicates to me that yes, the vaccine (and others, by the way) can cause flare ups but the expert opinion is that it is still recommended to get it because a treatable pre-existing dermatological auto-immune condition is better than COVID.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35004790/

Tetanus and flu shots trigger psoriasis flare ups too. Talk to your doctor about it. There is not a massive spike in psoriasis after billions have been vaccinated for COVID.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I got the first two shots. No way in hell I’ll be getting another.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm starting to think maybe I've had round 2 of this and never tested myself. Really lethargic and very sneezy, sniffly.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I’d say up you had it.

first two weeks of school was like a petri dish here and everyone was getting it. Seems to have died down already though.