COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I could be misunderstanding how this stuff works, but my understanding was that I likely "had" psoriasis before it flared up. You can have it without having the physical symptoms of it.

I'm not saying that I didn't have psoriasis, got the vaccine, and then had psoriasis. I'm saying that it sounds like I might have had it the whole time, but with no physical symptoms, and then the vaccine caused those symptoms to flare up. Again, not saying that for sure happened or anything. Just saying it sounds like a possibility.

And if I already had psoriasis, maybe the flare up would have happened eventually anyway, even without the vaccine. But there's no way of knowing if that's the case or how long it would have taken. It doesn't matter either way, because here we are. I just thought it was interesting that the two things may be connected, and I hadn't even thought of that up to this point.

As for the "expert opinions," cool. As a young, healthy individual, I probably would have taken my chances and been absolutely fine.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We had a nasty stomach bug going around the schools here.

justingroves likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good luck

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you had Moderna vaccine you’re quite a bit more like to have the psoriasis flair up too

I don’t think anyone that hasn’t got the vaccine is now going to get but if you’re a male under 40, don’t get Moderna go with Pfizer

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well, until today I assumed I’d probably had it it but didn’t know for sure, but labs came back from a doctor’s visit and confirmed it. Read the other day though doctors believe basically alll Americans have had it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

What kind of test did you have done?

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Herpes.

8. HCKevinSteele

Had blood drawn for something else but they did an antibodies test that came back positive.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I had Moderna for the first 2. Pfizer for the booster.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is it known the antibodies were not triggered by the vaccine?

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the others have a tiny “v” on them

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wife tested positive Tuesday. I’ve tested negative twice a day every day since.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think there are specific antibodies not targeting the spike. So as long as you had an mRNA vaccine I think they can see the difference.

14. HCKevinSteele

I have Covid right now, possibly for the first time. I thought I had it before because I had some symptoms and was around people who later tested positive but I didn’t test positive myself so I never knew for sure.

Overall, not worse than the flu for me. But holy shit, there are no words I could use to convey the sore throat severity. Swallowing is so painful I can’t really sleep. Just brutal.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Take er easy, drink lots of water based liquids and be safe.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Vaccinated or no?

When my wife and oldest son had it, the sore throat was what they said was the worst. My wife said it hurt worse than when she had her tonsils removed. I had it at the same time and only had a little bit of a cough and a runny nose.

17. HCKevinSteele

Yep I got the vaccine. I got my tonsils out during college and I’d say this is definitely worse.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I had sore joints for about 24 hours when I caught it but was vaccinated and boosted by that point.

19. HCKevinSteele

I do wonder what if anything the vaccine is giving me at this point. It’s been over a year and a half since I got my second shot. I didn’t get any boosters.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Probably not a whole lot since the virus has mutated significantly, its like the flu shot in that regard.