POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Straight facts, babe

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's the insinuations which are ridiculous. Facts? Eh.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Pretty sure I was there for my public school Williamson County education experience and you weren’t. But okay whatever. Cite any “lies” in that post if you must.

4. Unimane

Were you there in any of those potentially brainwashed progressive school districts which fail to adhere to this idyllic, principled state of political analysis you learned in central Tennessee's Shangri-La?

Specifically, though, the insinuations you reference are the idea it the test scores are the result of Republican school boards as opposed to affluence. 90% or so of the students in this state are under GOP school boards and we rank in the bottom 10 as a state, typically. The idea you are unique in not being "brainwashed" because you didn't go to a "progressive" school district is nonsense, as if Democrat run school boards are running some intellectual-based pogrom of Republicans.

But, yes, we get it. You went to a Brentwood school, grew up in Williamson County. You are so much smarter and more qualified to speak on matters more than everyone else, the brainwashed, non-number 1 test score school attending horde.

Again, good grief.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As someone who attended public schools in both Davidson and Williamson counties growing up, I can assure one system is run better than the other. On every metric. Hint: it ain’t the one run by progressives

And yes, congrats, you regurgitated the facts in my original post that correctly said I attended a Williamson County school system describing both my experiences and irrefutable facts about test scores and the party that runs Williamson county education.

6. Unimane

As someone who also attended public schools in both Davidson County school and an affluent suburban public school in Tennessee, I know there are differences and many of the myriad reasons why.

Hint: It isn't because of political affiliation.

Of course, then there are schools like Hume-Fogg and MLK, plus a collection of other level schools, which are as good as any in Williamson and also disrupt your narrative.

But, I digress in so typical 8th fashion. Point being, your narrative isn't as strong as you believe it to be.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hume fogg and MLK are lottery based magnet schools. Kinda goes against the staunch anti school choice/private edu crowd. But alas, I digress.

8. Unimane

Doesn't matter. They are Dem operated schools. Should be inferior, run worse. Brainwashing centers.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Unfortunately most of our metro schools are ran worse and inferiorly when compared to their neighboring county to the south. County-by-county metrics aren’t even close. Metro is plagued by plenty of corrupt and dysfunctional idiots on that board. Been that way for years with metro schools. Especially the last guy running the show, he was a real doozey

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

People who think like that clearly don't know the state as a whole well. It gets no redder than the rural counties and they don't do well because in part they are broke.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why did these banks just trust the valuation Trump's gave them? Did he have a disclaimer about the valuation provided? I wish I could tell my county what I think my house is worth so I could lower my taxes.

VolDad likes this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Not to say this is the case here necessarily, but it’s a big dumb world and a lot of the time nobody bothers to look. A bank may require you to provide audited financial statements as part of your loan. The bank may or may not follow up when you submit financials that anybody worth their salt would know are fiction inside 3 minutes.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of American society operates on good faith. There are checks, but on only a small % of the total volume. And we tend to perceive the biggest things as inherently legitimate. Which may even be true most of the time.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No telling how many businessmen and businesses have the best attorneys available to maximize their cash flow, value, etc and find loopholes in laws allowing them every advantage.
    if the IRS and whoever else really wants to take them all down, 100s of big buildings employing 1000s of people will be empty.
    Is that what people want?

15. Unimane

Joseph, he was terrible and did great damage. Battle, though, is a much different story, very competent. Williamson runs much differently than Davidson because it is in a significantly different situation in almost all respects. It also hasn't been free of controversy, either, though. Regardless, the idea you are somehow better at discerning stuff and the best free thinker here because you went to the "#1 school district" remains super douchey.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We should be allowed to commit fraud and dodge taxes because it keeps buildings full and people employed is a hell of a defense.

17. Ssmiff

there he is. Creating “defenses” in his own mind.
    It’s ok to pose questions and look at different angles, for most people. I could care less if Trump goes to jail or not.
    My question stands, do we want to take out all corporations or not? Because the same information will be found.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There he is. Saying stupid things under the guise of just posing questions and looking at different angles.
    My response stands. Companies should not be allowed to commit fraud, tax evasion, money laundering or any other number of white collar crimes just because they fill buildings and employee people. Also, there’s a lot of options for legal recourse that don’t involve firing the entire staff, emptying the building and shutting down the company. Ask Pilot.

19. Ssmiff

Attorneys find loopholes, which some will label fraud, laundering, tax evasion, etc.
    My point stands. Dive into them all heavily, and watch the economy crash.
    I do question why I don’t hear anymore about politicians and their successful stock trades. That topic went by quickly as the attention is diverted to Trump.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

My dude, if the economy is propped up on fraud for the benefit of those on top then why should it not be crashed? Better to die free than live a slave and all that.

Warren has a bill on your second point, let's see who resists it.