Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can you imagine thinking that this isn't the greatest [dadgum] college football coach to ever step on the field?

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's got a real talent there. I'd love to hear him narrate something for in stadium pregame.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Even aside from any argument about greatest coach, I don't think any other program can make a serious claim about a better story / more impressive leader when it comes to the establishment of their program.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neyland deserves the fan worship Fulmer receives

tvolsfan, Memtownvol, Lexvol and 5 others like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, absolutely.

6. HCKevinSteele

Tbh I’ve never seen Fulmer worship (beyond what’s reasonable given he won a natty) among the kind of people that know their stuff or the kind of people that would fit here better than VN.

7. HCKevinSteele

I’m going to amend this to say it may not be a wide margin, there were many impressive men who were highly decorated veterans of WW1 and WW2 who were architects of great college football programs. There may even be people I’m not thinking of or am just not knowledgeable enough on, but I still think Neyland’s story is probably the best.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can we slow down/stop their run game enough to make them throw it?

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

[uck fay] Florida!!!

I'm going full 'neck and wearing my orange camo overalls. I will wear my white UT Columbia golf shirt over my bibs to appease the the Checker gods.

(They do have big pockets, for my phone though, which I now have to take in Neyland. Digital tix <sigh>.)

Volokie, IP, justingroves and 3 others like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

IP likes this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Thats actually the part of our defense I have the most confidence in, is the run defense.

Lexvol likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too, they're going to give up a run here and there because of the way they twist and stunt up front, but for the most part they're solid

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

They have similar depth to UT last year. They’ve played a tougher schedule but if you watch their 4th Q performances you can tell they’re slap worn out.

IP likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a lot of VN fans

Lexvol likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're a poor snap and a terrible pass away from being 0-3

utvol0427, Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's not logical, but I can't remotely shake the feeling we'll see an entirely different Florida offense materialize out of nowhere and their defense will have a career day.

17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Never did as fad as I can tell. Had almost forgotten about that.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s not logical, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t prescient. Battered Vol Syndrome talking right here.

tvolsfan likes this.
  19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think we will be strong the first half smashing on both sides of the ball. The late 3rd quarter and early 4th quarter tells the whole story. 60 minutes of give your everything for Tennessee today men! 60 full minutes!

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm with you 100%.