Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah man, crazy that the guy who lives in Baltimore, hasn’t gone to a game in 10 years (after boycotting spending money on UT football), and hasn’t ever sat in Section T didn’t know what to expect in Section T. Wild stuff.

Again, I stated what I wanted from my experience on this site, and I was told to sit in section T. And I wasn’t “hurling” f-bombs. I said “wrap the [uck fay] up” one time.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would say I was happy about our performance against Bama last season.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Interesting mindset; Alabama 52 - UT 24

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everyone was polite, though.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I don’t care if the fairy godmother told you where to sit, you not being aware that the code of fan conduct is “policed” differently depending where you are throughout the stadium is on you.

But let me get this straight: So you had to endure 50 yard line seats in the shade for your prodigal son return to Neyland? Then you had to witness us beat an arch nemesis we rarely beat? Sheesh, the terror! That’s a really rough day man. Thoughts and prayers

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Apparently Indy and some Florida fans believe in morale victories. Good for them. I will take the "Win".

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Moral victories? You’re either heading the right direction, or you’re not. Last year’s Alabama game was a pretty clear indicator we were heading in the right direction.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

For anyone interested...

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I understand that you played ball. I never figured you a morale victory type of guy. Now I picture your locker room after a Loss.

"Hey guys; don't be sad. I know the scoreboard says that we lost. But Mr. Sunshine says we won the Morale Victory!!!" - Indy

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Your continuous focus here is weird.

I want to see progress. Until we are legitimate contenders, I don’t really care that much about wins and losses.

Hell, I was mostly annoyed after today’s game because the defense was atrocious, the defensive coaches refused to adjust to Richardson completing passes, and the offensive play calling late was bizarre.

The win is great. I’m not mad about it. But we all acknowledged that Florida isn’t a good football team this season. We were supposed to win this game. Winning was meeting expectations.

Alabama is legit. We played them even for a large portion of the game last season. No one expected that. We exceeded expectations. Call it whatever you want. Moral victory, whatever. I came out of that game feeling like we were moving in the right direction. I’m not sure I felt the same today.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yes I do.

VolDad likes this.
  13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I hate it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your focus that some Florida fans were supposedly happy with a morale victory is weird. Our offense ran through them like hot butter. Our defense shut down their rushing game. We are 4 and 0. We have beaten 2 ranked opponents; 1 on the road and 1 at home. There was more joy brought to Rocky Top yesterday than at any time in the last decade. We will be a Top 10 team for at least the next 2 weeks.

I do not give 1 shit what any Florida fan thinks.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The rationality, level-headedness, and overall respect for bitter rivals displayed by the fans (short for fanatics) is what has always drawn me to college football. Especially the drunk 18-22 year old portion of the fanatics.

justingroves likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My “focus,” lol. You still drinking, man? I responded to one post saying that the Florida fans I saw weren’t butt hurt, and people lost their minds.

Their offense ran through our defense like hot butter as well. I don’t agree that we “shut down” their run game. They ran for like, 140 yards, and Richardson threw for more yards yesterday than his previous 3 games, COMBINED. You don’t think that’s something they can leave feeling good about? I don’t care what Florida fans “think,” but we had a chance to destroy them yesterday. I’m disappointed we didn’t take it. I want them to feel as much despair as possible.

Being top 10 is cool, but do you honestly care about that? I know I don’t. That’s not how I’m measuring this team. UK is top 10 as well, and has been for weeks now. Do we consider them to be pushing towards being true contenders?

I care about improvement, progress, and how we perform in games against a select few opponents (Pitt, UF, LSU, Bama, UGA, UK). The win against Pitt was a good step. We lose that game in years past. But after yesterday, I no longer feel good about the defense’s performance against Pitt. I’m much more convinced the performance only happened because of the backup QB now.

Any win against Florida is a good win. The offense looked unstoppable, which is a good thing, but not necessarily different than how it’s looked in the past. The defense is still bad, and Special Teams has been disappointing as well.

We will see how the rest the games go. I think we are a bit overrated as a top 10 team.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I could be wrong but I suspect that Emily Ratajkowski could be standing in front of you naked and whispering seductively, "Take me Indy. Do with me what you wish." and you would say Eww, Yuk; look at that mole, or look at those freckles, or look at those split ends. I will do it but I will not be happy about it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What’s our end goal here? Are we trying to get back to the top of the mountain, or are we trying to be a fringe top 15 team that flirts with the top 10 throughout the season and occasionally makes one of the big dogs sweat?

And no, I’m not saying I expect us to be there this season.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Rattle off the 10 teams who are more deserving of a Top 10 ranking at this point.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

White said he expects each program to win at least one SEC championship every five years and finish in the top 16 nationally at least once every four years.

justingroves likes this.