Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

Who said it?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What do you think UGA fans focus on from last year, the National Championship or the SECC loss. I will answer for you; they do not care about the SECC game loss. Winning IS all that matters.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea what point you think this post is proving. If we drop games to Bama, UGA, LSU, UK, and USCjr this season, will we be focused on the Florida win, or those losses?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The point is; they do not sit around focusing on how they won the Natty. They do not dwell on the fact they may not have played perfectly every game. They only focus on the end result. They Won

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And if we win all of those games you will be here to tell us; Yeah but Florida put up all of those yards agains us.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How many times did Florida punt? We "stopped" them a lot if they punted

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Abraham Lincoln

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For me Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State are playing a different sport than everyone else. After that, draw them out of a hat

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

- Michael Scott

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We haven’t won jack shit. They won a Natty. The comparison makes no sense.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They punted 1 time against us and turned it over on downs once. I just said that.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And if we win the Natty you would be [itch bay]ing about the yards Florida put on us.

13. NorrisAlan

Against Kentucky. I should have made that clear.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It should have hit you, before posting this, that your point wasn’t making much sense.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Florida punted 5 times against Kentucky. They turned it over on downs against Kentucky twice. I already said that.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Who cares. Florida got a bunch of yards. Season is tarnished. Doesn't matter what happens from here.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I care. We couldn’t get stops. It didn’t stop us from beating a bad Florida team. It can/will stop us from beating actual good teams.

Alabama WILL slow our offense down. Georgia WILL slow our offense down. If we can’t get stops, we are [uck fay]ed.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Stoops is going to play a hard nose defense/grind-it out game. That's who he is. He's been there for years and has the defense that he wants and can do it.

Heupel is completely ok if we give up 30 points because he expects to score 40 every game. Would I love a little bit better 3rd down success? Of course. But the philosophy of the two coaches is night and day different.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And 4th down success, after yesterday.

I’m a broken record here, but I wanted more adjustment yesterday. We rushed 6 on the last play, and the result was pressure and a prayer turned game-winning INT. Why didn’t we bring 6 more frequently in the second half?

20. NorrisAlan

No you didn't. You said 7 combined. I was asking you to break it down, which you just did.

Now, that means they had four downs they took against us to get a first down that they didn't use against Kentucky. We cannot know if they would have converted those fourth downs, but they didn't try against ky and did against us.

So my point is that your stay is incomplete.

Our defense is a seive, and it makes me want to vomit. I would swear Third and Chavis is calling out defense.

But we won. I am finally letting it soak in and getting a little bit of joy out of it.

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.