Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Words shouldn't end a career for a teenager. Not with Jennings. Not with banks.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Oh and how bout Heup having us #1 in total offense in the country after 4 games. And we played 2 top 20 teams as well as took off the gas with subs at halftime of the other 2.
    From where we were less than 2 years ago. It’s amazing

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He walked off but needed a plate?

zehr27 likes this.
  4. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

Rumor is that it was the tightrope surgery Tua had a few years ago that had him back on the field in 3 weeks. That would be consistent with a high ankle sprain and have him back on the field for LSU or Bama.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Agreed especially on Jennings front. Just kinda gets hairy when you are a legal aged adult making wild threats to actual cops. Dismissing him to a JUCO college for a year and then allowing him back was probably the most appropriate way to handle that particular situation. Seems like Banks has handled everything since then very well

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have definitely been leery of hurry-up no huddle offense systems in the past a lot of programs with similar styles in recent history seem to eventually crash and burn, but damn I’m starting to really fall in love with our offensive philosophy. Never imagined it would be as exciting as it is when we first hired Heup.

7. Ssmiff

sure. Plate just compresses and holds the fracture so bone can start forming and healing.
    UT OG LB played on a broken leg, which was probably fibula.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Obviously I want Tillman back, but he needs to do whatever he can to fully get healthy. If his career at UT is now in jeopardy I’ll personally be sad. But not as sad as I would be if he came back too early and jeopardizes his NFL earnings potential. If worst case scenario on his injury comes to pass and his career in orange is over, then a tip of the cap to him for being another great WR in our school’s heralded WR history. Protect your bank account and family kid

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  9. Ssmiff

I would just rather him get ready than come back. Tightrope would include drilling thru the tibia to pull together, thru a plate fixated with 6-8 screws.
    If, he had a plate put in as rumored

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

JH handles himself well publicly, seems like a genuinely good human being who lets his actions attest to his character. So glad we don’t have a coach that carries himself like a corny conman Baptist preacher a la Dabo or Freeze. Can’t stand the fake TV minister vibes seen in so many coaches in college football

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Him being a coaches son and heisman caliber player out nowhere appears to be a great mix.

12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Didn’t know about the plate but had heard high ankle and 4-6 weeks. That sucks if he ended up having surgery already.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt saved Jennings and Banks

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pruitt for all his faults as a HC, one of them was not bailing on his players. He genuinely seemed to care for them.

Gump just couldn't run a program.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sorry for not allowing a win over an average Florida team to blind me from clear issues I saw during the game.

That makes sense at the beginning of the game. By the second half, after it was abundantly clear he was going to march the ball down the field throwing it with ease, why would they still be worried about that?

We were one play from not winning. Remember why they failed that play? Because we rushed 6 and got to the QB.

What’s the difference between letting him run wild and letting him throw wild? Even just as a late adjustment, what’s the difference? They marched down the field every series anyway. Why not give something else a try?

This whole “we won, so it worked” thing is just nonsense. The lack of adjustments should be concerning.

16. Ssmiff

[uck fay] sake indy everybody knows what issues we have. Yes we probably are overrated considering our defense. But tell me a team outside of the top 3 or 4 we can’t beat with this offense and Heup picking people apart with his route combos.
    You’ve been arguing since the game about something. Anything. Everything.
    Did you have some bad jello shots?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This. They kept running that slow as [uck fay] play action, and we gave them all day to do it. We FINALLY brought pressure on one, and it nearly caused a safety.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Run this negavol

PilotFlyingJ and Indy like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m joking, Indy.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If everybody knows what issues we have, why are so many people arguing with me about them?

I agree we have the ability to beat any of those teams but wouldn’t say I’d expect us to do so with consistency.

The route combos are phenomenal.