Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. Everybody must be too happy from the win. Buncha sunshine pumpers.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What point have you made that people are arguing with except your being upset about the gator chomp and how bad it would have been to do the chomp and we lose. You keep saying we were one play away from losing. We were also one play from going up 17 with 2 minutes left.
    We were also one play from stopping 6 4th downs and 7 3rd downs.
    I don’t see people debating as much as wondering why you can’t enjoy something you’ve probably seen once in 20 years.

SetVol13 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t know what to tell you. Read the threads? Groves alone has been arguing with me about whether the defense should have adjusted and blitzed more, as well as whether UT is one of the 10 best teams in the country.

4. Ssmiff

well right now we are considered one of the best 10, and beaten 2 top 20, because our qb is putting up insane numbers. If we had a pac 10 or Big 10 schedule from here instead of LSU, Bama and Ga, besides OSU, who do you think we would lose to?
    And we did blitz. We rushed 3, blitzed lbs and had corner blitzes where we still let the qb get outside of us. Hadden had a terrible series early on that led to a td and started with a corner blitz on 3rd down.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only adjustment Tennessee made was when they lost their balls on offense the last 5 minutes, up until that point they led by double digits.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We needed OT to beat Pitt despite the starter getting injured. And we all said leading up to yesterday that Florida was overrated.

I think we have the ability to beat almost anybody. I also think there are a number of teams who could beat us. This idea that we would run teams like Michigan and Clemson out of the stadium is just nonsense to me. Can we beat them? Of course. Can they beat us? Absolutely. Would we run them out of the stadium? I highly doubt it.

We didn’t blitz much at all. We sent 4 most of the night.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know. That’s what I’ve been saying. Shouldn’t have slowed down on offense. Should have made changes on defense to try to slow them down.

8. Ssmiff

Part of the reason we needed OT to beat pitt is we dropped first downs, had bad penalties, dropped tds and a punt at the 50.
    Arguing the semantics of a hypothetical game and running a team off the field seems silly. I don’t think Michigan can stop us. Clemson gave up 40 and had to go to OT to beat Wake. Running someone off the field or not could be a matter of 3 or 4 plays. I could see a 45-21 W vs Clemson and would consider it running them off the field.
    I actually haven’t seen Michigan play

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Because we beat Florida, and those with much more cooler heels than you and I are actually taking the time to appreciate it for what it represents. I feel foolish for being so vulgar on here yesterday and I'm glad that I turned off everything until I could collect my thoughts following a good night's sleep.

Florida is a 5 win team but they're still Florida and up until the clock hit 00:00 yesterday afternoon, we had been Tennessee. Now, we are TENNESSEE! And I feel like we will continue to be TENNESSEE for the foreseeable future.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will never complain about a win over Florida or Bama. I don't care what either team is when we step foot on the field.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Outside of a 3 hour period yesterday where I was beyond livid at our 2nd half defense, Im of the same mindset. The entire SEC needs to pay a heavy toll for what they've been able to do to our once great program over the last 2 decades.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have less severe flaws than anyone thought in mid August. No one expected a perfect September. So it doesn't make sense to freak out about having smaller, less crippling flaws than we thought OR to pretend like pointing out flaws is some kind of revelation.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Saying we're overrated and bringing up Michigan and Clemson? FOH

SetVol13, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here is the UF coach on his two point conversion attempts rationale, it is along the lines of what I speculated.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get what he’s saying, but it just feels like a lot of assumptions. Mentioning the spread is weird, but I guess if there are statistics that back it up, might as well use them?

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Kind of like saying he had a chart.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If Napier ends up being Butch 2.0, my only fear would be that when they fire him they end up hiring Kiffin. Could 1000% see that transpire

In that event I could put on a brave face and pretend that Kiffin at Florida would not terrify me, but I’d be lying.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you could go back today and hire Kiffin in 2021, would you do it?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I defended the chart comment back when it happened. Coaches use charts. His chart was just wrong. Or he read it wrong. Probably not safe to assume he can read.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’d lose sleep pondering that scenario, but ultimately I would stick with Heuple knowing what I know today. But Kiffin is a hell of a coach-especially this older, humbled and more mature version of Kiffin. He’s an offensive wizard and would be Spurrier 2.0 there. What he’s doing at Ole Miss is pretty damn amazing. I really don’t want to be forced to loathe him. Him at Florida would be a tough foe to deal with over the years