Alabama Streak Ending Thoughts…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] them. This fanbase will pay for any fines, anyway.

justingroves likes this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Point #2 isn't really true like it once was. Their top 2 RB's only have a few less combined attempts thus far than Wright and Small. Though I agree with the general premise that they won't be able to pressure Alabama's D nearly as much.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don’t think State has the vertical threat and schemes Heup does. Bama will squat

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And venue is a big damn deal. Neyland Stadium was worth 10 points on Saturday.

State has to go into Tuscaloosa, outmanned and on the road. That shit ain’t happening.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it was made clear at the time it would be like this, though. It never gets cleared.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly LSU in Baton Rouge may be the next most-likely (after Ole Miss). They still only have one conference loss and beat MSU, so if they can beat Ole Miss and Bama, they’re almost certainly in Atlanta.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Ole Miss is going to have to get much better qb play to win in BR. They aren’t going to have three 100 yard rushers like they had against the cow college the other day

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Scared

NorrisAlan, utvol0427 and Memtownvol like this.
  10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

They've never been in a place like that. Not even Death Valley at night.

tvolsfan, utvol0427 and Tar Volon like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're just used to picking on teams. Tennessee doesn't get picked on anymore.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They knew for first time in awhile they weren’t better.

justingroves and IP like this.
  13. Tar Volon

You know how sometimes there’s a team that just has a transcendental talent at quarterback that drags them to contention against a superior opponent.

Saturday felt a lot like that at times.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

Alabama isn’t going to give us the satisfaction of the “never experienced anything like that” quotes like we saw from ‘06 Cal or ‘15 Oklahoma. But they haven’t.

JudgmentVol, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  15. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

They had key drops throughout the game. The whiners about penalty numbers are mostly complaining about offsides and false starts. The crowd and circumstances absolutely got in their heads and made a huge difference.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

The 2nd down pass to Gibbs with like 40 seconds left, I was hoping he’d just score so we’d at least have time to try to match it. I did not expect him to drop it.

Memtownvol and Volsdude like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never count on or go against the Pirate

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bryce Young was supernatural Saturday. That play he made in his own endzone on that bad snap is a safety 9 out of 10 times

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a take out there that "Bama is overrated." I don't think that is necessarily true. Give them the schedule of Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, etc and they'd be undefeated and would have been ranked HIGHER than 3.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We hold Alabama to a higher standard than everyone else. We don’t size them up against the other top teams in the country…we size them up against previous Alabama teams. And if they’re not THAT good, then they must be overrated.

Saban created a standard that even he can’t continue to live up to, and sure as shit no one who has the unfortunate task of following him.

tvolsfan and Memtownvol like this.